Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nuts! tire for sale.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Nuts! tire for sale. Reply with quote

I've been home a week from flying the B-24. I never get tired of flying this plane. Everyday something significant happens.  Most of the time its the people and their actions brought on by these airplanes. The very last day out, I was a little tired cause I had just helped our mechanic change a exhaust pipe on the #2 engine. (Unlike the M-14p or HS-6 the P&W 1830 on the B-24 requires damn near total disassembly to get to one section of pipe.) Than a lady (my age) asked if she could sit in the cockpit. Her father had been a pilot in one. We have a policy that anyone in cockpit has to be accompanied. We were about to close up for the day, I was tired, but you know me guys, - - - any thing for a lady.

She climbed into the left seat, sat there for about 10 second, and totally broke down. "Oh, my God" "Daddy, I am here". I let her sit there quite awhile. After awhile she got herself composed, apologized, and I helped her get out of the cockpit. She explained that her father had passed away sometime ago and she just had to see the airplane he had told her so many stories about, as his daughter. She said she didn't think that would have effected her so, until she sat where he had sat.

I've been puttering around the house cleaning up since I'd been gone over four weeks. Sitting in the hangar has been a nose wheel tire from Aircraft Spruce, I had ordered just before leaving for the above trip. I finally got around to opening it up and put on the rim, when I noted, that it was larger than the tire I was replacing. I didn't even put air in it. Hmmmmm Let see, I ordered a 6.00x6. Yes this was a 6.00x6 BUT a 28x6.00x6. Hmmmm Will it fit? Most definitely NO. Hmmmm I want a 15x6.00x6. So I call Aircraft Spruce to arrange for an exchange. BUT I made the mistake during the chit-chat, of telling the gal, I had put the tire on the rim before I had notice it was wrong.  Guess what? They will not accept a return tire if it has been on the rim, EVEN IF YOU DID NOT INFLATE IT OR REMOVE ANY OF THE TAGS. They thanked me for being honest ($135.00 worth) but they could not help me.

If I had kept my mouth shut I wouldn't have a 8 ply, 28 x 6.00 x 6 Goodyear Flight Custom III, for sale in my hangar. Anyone interested?

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

Make AOL Your Homepage.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: