Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flight Suits and clinics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacloudchaser(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Flight Suits and clinics Reply with quote

Darn,  was working when Jim Goolsby called about Tamiami airshow and told me about this rant on this list,

so guys,

do whatever you want to do in life, thats the bottom line, enjoy yourselves, treat everyone with respect, be nice to your neighbor, he/she might be the one giving you CPR one day, don't kick the dog, it wasn't his fault - kick the cat, it's always their fault anyways, be a positive element on any team your on, pitch in when society calls, fly safe, ....thats my personal opinion.

if you're an rpa member, the newsletter team asked me to delay the e-vote for the new board until after our commercial distributer mails you your newsletter next week (this thing is bigger than anything you've seen from an aviation association, at least in pages...), so we did of course, but when the vote does take place - vote - and then tell that regional board member who wins w hat you think of the flight suit policy and you would like it changed for XYZ reasons that impact your involvement in the RPA personally.  That's what I would do. In fact, if you read the new by-laws the rpa members reading this voted for, and I posted on the new web site under "governance", the policy vote only includes the board now - the president (who now can't hold a bod and national officer hat) only breaks a tie vote as chairman.  If a majority of the membership thought it needed to be changed, I suspect it could be changed. Thats my personal opinion.   

And if you want to come to a clinic naked, all I can say is, like at Waycross, we invited city officials to arrange a scheduled time to bring out local school kids for a chance to see the aircraft and pilots (think inspiration for future pilots, a career aspiration that tends to stay clear of drug abuse/crime and leans towards staying in school a nd getting an education - although most pilots can't spell worth a bleep Wink.  So I would think being naked at one of these events as one of you asked to do, would be a negative gesture to these youngsters don't you think   Wink

Have fun guys, thanks to those who have emailed in about the new web and patience with the code team - I had the WB calculator uploaded to training docs under flight training, as we do with all the good stuff sent in (checklists, schematics, etc.). If you can't access areas (cant log in) and were a member some time ago, the code team last night removed members who were past due after 1 aug 2005, you can renew in seconds in the store, this will also get the newsletter to you next week. As always, Michael and Deon will respond asap if you have a question to admin(at)flyredstar.org (admin(at)flyredstar.org)

Heading to vegas on my first trip back on the 767 tonight, perhaps commercial aviation is soon to turn the corner in this country...

Drew  

[url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38381/ ylc=X3oDMTEzcGlrdGY5BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMWF1dG9z/*http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html ]Yahoo! Autos[/url]. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new and used cars.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
ben(at)designselect.net

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Flight Suits and clinics Reply with quote

Drew, you are right about the cats.  Please pardon my asking, when should we stop beating our wives?

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Drew Blahnick
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2006 9:47 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Flight Suits and clinics

Darn,  was working when Jim Goolsby called about Tamiami airshow and told me about this rant on this list,

so guys,

do whatever you want to do in life, thats the bottom line, enjoy yourselves, treat everyone with respect, be nice to your neighbor, he/she might be the one giving you CPR one day, don't kick the dog, it wasn't his fault - kick the cat, it's always their fault anyways, be a positive element on any team your on, pitch in when society calls, fly safe, ....thats my personal opinion.

if you're an rpa member, the newsletter team asked me to delay the e-vote for the new board until after our commercial distributer mails you your newsletter next week (this thing is bigger than anything you've seen from an aviation association, at least in pages...), so we did of course, but when the vote does take place - vote - and then tell that regional board member who wins w hat you think of the flight suit policy and you would like it changed for XYZ reasons that impact your involvement in the RPA personally.  That's what I would do. In fact, if you read the new by-laws the rpa members reading this voted for, and I posted on the new web site under "governance", the policy vote only includes the board now - the president (who now can't hold a bod and national officer hat) only breaks a tie vote as chairman.  If a majority of the membership thought it needed to be changed, I suspect it could be changed. Thats my personal opinion.   

And if you want to come to a clinic naked, all I can say is, like at Waycross, we invited city officials to arrange a scheduled time to bring out local school kids for a chance to see the aircraft and pilots (think inspiration for future pilots, a career aspiration that tends to stay clear of drug abuse/crime and leans towards staying in school a nd getting an education - although most pilots can't spell worth a bleep Wink.  So I would think being naked at one of these events as one of you asked to do, would be a negative gesture to these youngsters don't you think   Wink

Have fun guys, thanks to those who have emailed in about the new web and patience with the code team - I had the WB calculator uploaded to training docs under flight training, as we do with all the good stuff sent in (checklists, schematics, etc.). If you can't access areas (cant log in) and were a member some time ago, the code team last night removed members who were past due after 1 aug 2005, you can renew in seconds in the store, this will also get the newsletter to you next week. As always, Michael and Deon will respond asap if you have a question to admin(at)flyredstar.org (admin(at)flyredstar.org)

Heading to vegas on my first trip back on the 767 tonight, perhaps commercial aviation is soon to turn the corner in this country...

Drew  

[url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38381/%20ylc=X3oDMTEzcGlrdGY5BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMWF1dG9z/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/index.html%20]Yahoo! Autos[/url]. Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new and used cars.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Flight Suits and clinics Reply with quote

Quote:

Drew  

You mean you guys finally figured out that you can pass the cost of gas on to the carbon units ya'll haul around?
Doc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: