Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel float bending

View previous topic :: View next topic  
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Fuel float bending Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to bend my fuel float attach 'wires'. How do you verify that they're within 1/8" of the top and bottom?

You certainly cannot see in there with everything closed up.....

The only two things I can come up with are:

1. Putting the mounting plates inside out on the opposite tank and using a straight edge to see where the floats end up - that assumes that the tanks are symmetrical....don't like to assume......knowwhatImean?

2. Mounting the plates with a spacer so you can see through the gap to find out where they end up as you rotate the tanks from right-side-up to up-side-down.

I'll take any ideas here folks.......

Ralph Capen
Finished the anti-rotation SB - bending the float wires - then safetying the B-nuts......

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
N67BT(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Fuel float bending Reply with quote

Ralph,

Make a temporary clear plastic mounting plate so the installed float position can be seen using a flashlight. One will work for both sides.

Bob Trumpfheller
RV7A 70 hrs.
http://mesawood.com

In a message dated 11/24/2007 7:45:42 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, recapen(at)earthlink.net writes:
Quote:
I'm getting ready to bend my fuel float attach 'wires'. How do you verify that they're within 1/8" of the top and bottom?

You certainly cannot see in there with everything closed up.....

The only two things I can come up with are:

1. Putting the mounting plates inside out on the opposite tank and using a straight edge to see where the floats end up - that assumes that the tanks are symmetrical....don't like to assume......knowwhatImean?

2. Mounting the plates with a spacer so you can see through the gap to find out where they end up as you rotate the tanks from right-side-up to up-side-down.

I'll take any ideas here folks.......

Ralph Capen
Finished the anti-rotation SB - bending the float wires - then safetying the B-nuts......

Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: