Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garbled Reply - Christmas greetings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
undoctor(at)ptd.net

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Garbled Reply - Christmas greetings Reply with quote

Computer savvy folks on the Kolb list,

I have a frustrating problem. When I hit "reply to list" on a post, I get an email window with the text pane totally blank. In order to give some flow to my reply, I copy and paste a portion of the referenced post and add my response.

But..........!!, when I open it on the list, my reply and the copy/pasted excerpt are all garbled together - kind of like getting two AM stations on the radio at once (remember that??). Can someone clue me in on what I'm doing wrong, or what I could do righter to get it better. I'll paste the entire garbled mess below to help the pro(s) know what's hap-nin.

Thanks!

Dave Kulp
Bethlehem, PA
FireFly 098

Time: 12:08:35 PM PST US From: "David Kulp" <undoctor(at)ptd.net (undoctor(at)ptd.net)> Subject: Re: Christmas greetings  
Dana,
  I thought this to be a forum for building and flying Kolb
aircraft not a right
  wing evangelical republican propaganda site.
  John
  Dana Hague <d-m-hague(at)comcast.net (d-m-hague(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

To All My Democrat Friends:
  Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best
  wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible,
low-
  stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter
  solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions
of
the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of
your choice, with respect for the religious/secular
persuasion...Anyone who cares,My bro lists pretty far to the port side
and he sends stuff like this. We don't agree on everything
philosophically, but we both still have a sense of humor.Merry Christmas
to all. Keep smiling.Dave KulpBethlehem, PADo Not Archive

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
jb92563

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: Garbled Reply - Christmas greetings Reply with quote

Looks like perfectly clear "Garbled" to me.

I don't think that is a problem!

Or are you getting the extra normally hidden control codes and such that at numbers ampersands slashes etc?

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Kolb UltraStar (Cuyuna UL-202)
Moni MotorGlider
Schreder HP-11 Glider
Grob 109 Motorglider

Do Not Archive
ez(at)embarqmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Garbled Reply - Christmas greetings Reply with quote

Dave,Try this.
Before you hit "reply" , simply highlight just the portion of the message you want included in your reply then hit Reply. Only the portion you highlighted should show on your reply message. Then type your reply message and hit "Send".

Gene
do not archive
On Dec 26, 2007, at 12:44 PM, David Kulp wrote:
[quote]Computer savvy folks on the Kolb list,

I have a frustrating problem. When I hit "reply to list" on a post, I get an email window with the text pane totally blank. In order to give some flow to my reply, I copy and paste a portion of the referenced post and add my response.

But..........!!, when I open it on the list, my reply and the copy/pasted excerpt are all garbled together - kind of like getting two AM stations on the radio at once (remember that??). Can someone clue me in on what I'm doing wrong, or what I could do righter to get it better. I'll paste the entire garbled mess below to help the pro(s) know what's hap-nin.

Thanks!

Dave Kulp
Bethlehem, PA
FireFly 098
[b]

undoctor(at)ptd.net

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Garbled Reply - Christmas greetings Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses, Ray and Gene. I've highlighted Gene's response before I hit reply to list. When the email window opened up the highlighted portion "grayed out" and nothing's in the message pane, so let's see what happens when it posts. I don't post "live", I just get all yesterday's posts in the morning. I'm assuming they appear the same on the live forum.

This wasn't happening a while back and I don't post often enough to determine when it changed. Probably has something to do with a new operating system or ISP.

If this appears on the list without the highlighted portion I'll have to figure something to do to separate the post I'm replying to and my reply. Maybe I'll just lay down a string of dollar signs, that should draw the eye to the proper place...

Again, thanks.

Dave Kulp
Bethlehem, PA
FireFly 098 Do Not Archive
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: