Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV-7 VS Mustang II etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EMAproducts(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: RV-7 VS Mustang II etc Reply with quote

In a message dated 12/31/2007 12:01:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, rv-list(at)matronics.com writes:
Quote:

If my memory serves me right was it not a "thin" wing T18 that was the first
"homebuilt" that flew around the world ??

Indeed you are right. I was VP of the EAA Chapt 92 during that era, now called the Don Taylor Chapter in SNA California. I was fortunate at Copperstate Fly In 3 years ago to sit with Don & Lois at the Awards banquet. Wonderful fmaily, and still consider Don & Lois good friends, even though hadn't seen them in 25 years until Copperstate.  That was Don's 2nd try at the around the world flight, got stopped by WX in Japan a couple years before. He made it round the world in '76 The plane is in the Museum at OSH. The T-18 and the Mustang II are two different designs, both have been around for many years. All three are nice flying planes,
Elbie
Elbie Mendenhall
President
EM Aviation, LLC
13411 NE Prairie Rd
Brush Prairie, WA 98606
360-260-0772
http://www.riteangle.com

top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
mark(at)stratologic.net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: RV-7 VS Mustang II etc Reply with quote

Hey RV’ers,

Just some details on the Mustang II thought you might find interesting…I’ve been on this list since 98 and have enjoyed all the help I’ve gotten.

I have a Mustang II flying since 2003. Took 3.5 years to build. I also made my cockpit 40” wide.

I’ve flown an RV-6 a few times..once with Mike Seager in Tampa. The only differences that come to mind is that the ailerons felt much lighter.

My stall speed is 57mph (factory rolled airfoils).

I just (finally) put wheel pants on my plane a few days ago. (used a mold from the Cozy List). There are no standard wheel pants for the Mustang you have make them yourself (which can be a bummer if you don’t have the time…like me).

Did some speed tests and with 0-360-A1A (carb), James cowling, and T18 canopy I get flat out at 1500MSL (at) 55F I was able to get 225mph indicated flat out (eg…everything forward!)

The Mustang probably requires a bit more work to build....but you can get pre-punched center section and factory built wings which brings down the build time significantly.

It was frustrating at first when building…but once you get the hang of it…it goes together easily.

Some details at http://mustang.stratologic.net

Cheers,

Mark
N515MD
Raleigh, NC
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: