Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Inspection, or; Please, just shoot me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jindoguy(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: The Inspection, or; Please, just shoot me Reply with quote

The inspector just left. He has my airworthiness certificates and will send them to me when I finish up with the short list of problems. He's a nice guy, charged me $40 extra for driving 3 1/2 hours to do the inspections so I wouldn't have to haul the Firestar and the Mk. 3 on an open trailer. The whole bill for both airplanes was $500. I know many DAR's charge that much for one airplane.
The last thing I had to do on the Mk.3 was put new batteries in the ELT. The ones that were in it were good to 2010, but I wanted to be extra careful in case he wanted me to activate it. The ELT had been switched off since I started working on the Mk. 3. When I opened it up there was corrosion and liquid goo sliming up the entire battery compartment. Luckily, I had a brand new Ameri-King sitting on the shelf. I bought it for the trike before I read FAR 91.207 carefully and found that it say airplane, not aircraft. He let me go on that one.
The passenger warning sticker I had said ...blah, blah, blah..amateur built...blah....instead of light sport aircraft. I actually found that one and pointed it out....Ding!
I fixed the missing red line on the new tach. Ding, but fixed.
For all the help you all offered with drawings, he still wants a picture of the tail with the N number. Ding.
For the Firestar, I called him yesterday to ask if it would be okay to fold it up because the weather was supposed to be an ice storm in the morning. No problem. Folded it up and put it in the carport. No ice storm, but major winds that is still beating the crap out of the wings and tail, and it was impossible to fold it out to read the N number and DEA tag. God only knows how much damage there will be to the fabric, I found two spots where the rubatex padding had blown away and the fabric now has a hole. I have all the polyfiber stuff and a few yards of fabric, just more work. If I had left it in the wind shadow of the house, everything would have been fine. D***.
Thank God for the bottle of 18 year old single malt in the pantry. I've had it for two years and it's about 2/3 full. It may be empty in an hour or so. Smile
Thanks, to all who sent drawings and suggestions. I didn't want to cut up my plans to use the drawing and it wouldn't fit in my scanner.
Okay, I fell much better now, and that bottle of Scotch is calling my name.
Thanks again, guys.

Rick
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
beauford173(at)verizon.ne

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: The Inspection, or; Please, just shoot me Reply with quote

Hang in there, Rick.. sounds to me like you are 98% there and your foot is
firmly in the door... you are talking about only minor clean-up at this point...
Congrats...!

beauford
do not archive

p.s. ...'tis a tad too far to drive, or I'd bring ye a stogie to go with that scotch...
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ElleryWeld(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: The Inspection, or; Please, just shoot me Reply with quote

Congrats Rick your over the hump now and on the last down hill slide

Ellery in Maine
do not archive
In a message dated 1/25/2008 4:18:27 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jindoguy(at)gmail.com writes:
Quote:
The inspector just left. He has my airworthiness certificates and will send them to me when I finish up with the short list of problems. He's a nice guy, charged me $40 extra for driving 3 1/2 hours to do the inspections so I wouldn't have to haul the Firestar and the Mk. 3 on an open trailer. The whole bill for both airplanes was $500. I know many DAR's charge that much for one airplane.
The last thing I had to do on the Mk.3 was put new batteries in the ELT. The ones that were in it were good to 2010, but I wanted to be extra careful in case he wanted me to activate it. The ELT had been switched off since I started working on the Mk. 3. When I opened it up there was corrosion and liquid goo sliming up the entire battery compartment. Luckily, I had a brand new Ameri-King sitting on the shelf. I bought it for the trike before I read FAR 91.207 carefully and found that it say airplane, not aircraft. He let me go on that one.
The passenger warning sticker I had said ...blah, blah, blah..amateur built...blah....instead of light sport aircraft. I actually found that one and pointed it out....Ding!
I fixed the missing red line on the new tach. Ding, but fixed.
For all the help you all offered with drawings, he still wants a picture of the tail with the N number. Ding.
For the Firestar, I called him yesterday to ask if it would be okay to fold it up because the weather was supposed to be an ice storm in the morning. No problem. Folded it up and put it in the carport. No ice storm, but major winds that is still beating the crap out of the wings and tail, and it was impossible to fold it out to read the N number and DEA tag. God only knows how much damage there will be to the fabric, I found two spots where the rubatex padding had blown away and the fabric now has a hole. I have all the polyfiber stuff and a few yards of fabric, just more work. If I had left it in the wind shadow of the house, everything would have been fine. D***.
Thank God for the bottle of 18 year old single malt in the pantry. I've had it for two years and it's about 2/3 full. It may be empty in an hour or so. Smile
Thanks, to all who sent drawings and suggestions. I didn't want to cut up my plans to use the drawing and it wouldn't fit in my scanner.
Okay, I fell much better now, and that bottle of Scotch is calling my name.
Thanks again, guys.

Rick
Quote:

="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: