Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ramp check

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
by0ung(at)brigham.net

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: ramp check Reply with quote

How many of us have seen "ramp checks" first hand? Is this common in some
parts of the country?
Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was visiting with an old sage,,, he had been flying since he was a pup,
His dad used to run the airport which he took over....

Anyway,,, he said that the only time he was ever ramp checked was at
monument valley, a faa sort was on vacation, and wanted to be able to write
off the vacation expenses, so did a bit of work while he was away from the
office.

Boyd

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Michael Sharp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: ramp check Reply with quote

I've been ramp checked twice. Both in GA aircraft.
As a student pilot on long cross country, in College Station Texas 1985. Once in Central Oklahoma in 1997 ish. Fortunatly I had all of the required paperwork etc... Whew!

Mike
Do not archive

boyd <by0ung(at)brigham.net> wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: "boyd"

How many of us have seen "ramp checks" first hand? Is this common in some
parts of the country?
Quote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I was visiting with an old sage,,, he had been flying since he was a pup,
His dad used to run the airport which he took over....

Anyway,,, he said that the only time he was ever ramp checked was [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Roughing it' 1886

Mike
Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Re: ramp check Reply with quote

I've been ramp checked only once. I was delivering our Cherokee 140 we sold to its new owner in French Valley, California. After an IFR night flight landing at Hays, KS (home of Rans Aircraft) the FAA rep greeted me after shutting down in the tie-down area. His only interest was paperwork for the airplane. He was not interested in my paperwork, medical and pilot certificates, only the airplane, which were all in order. Quick and painless and the FAA rep was very courteous and cordial.

Thom in Buffalo

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
Ralph B

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: more ramp check stuff Reply with quote

A friend of mine was ramp checked just last weekend. Here is his story:

Dennis (I didn’t catch his name) of the FAA was there to oversee the waiver received to fly the MIA balloon they tether each year. After I landed he immediately approached to check me out. After showing his Federal ID, he asked to see my pilots license, aircraft registration, and the airworthiness paper. There was no problem at all with our meeting. He did what was expected and I had all my ducks lined up. He was friendly, so was I and we chatted a bit. End of story.

I asked him what the FAA guy would do if my my buddy didn't have his credentials and here's what he said (this took place on a frozen lake in Wisconsin):

Ralph: If I was an FAA employee, bored to tears, tired of watching the balloon, under quota for the month, badge in one hand and pencil & paper in the other, staring down a licenseless outlaw, I’d start writing FAST to warm up. That warm, fuzzy and contented feeling I had was earned, bought and paid for last year. But, the next time I’m ramp checked, I’ll ask him your question. - Karey

Kolb Kolbra 912uls
N20386
550 hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: