Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plenum - Van's 360 baffle kit - "finger spacer"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Plenum - Van's 360 baffle kit - "finger spacer" Reply with quote

Folks,

I started working on my baffle kit yesterday as it will be the basis for my plenum.

The instructions call for a 1/4" 'finger spacer' on the back side of the first panel outboard of the centerline to be riveted around (below) a bolt hole for an AN4-15A bolt.

My Aerosport built (XP360 I'm fairly sure) IO360B1F6 isn't threaded there so I know a nut/washer will also e required. Also, even with a 1/4" spacer, a 15 length bolt will be way too long.

Anyone else find this? Is 1/4" thick a good size for the spacer? What length bolt did you use?

Thanks,
Ralph

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
johnciolino(at)comcast.ne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Plenum - Van's 360 baffle kit - "finger spacer" Reply with quote

Ralph,

I just finished the baffles myself and I have the Aerosport XP30 also. You
are right, you need a nut and bolt and the provided bolt is way too long. I
used a -10 but use what fits. I also installed a nutplate on the baffle
because I got tired of the the hand gymnastics required to get the nut on
and off.

My understanding is that the spacer is to move the baffle forward so it does
not rub on the rubber engine mount. I needed more that 1/4"-- just shy of
1/2".

John Ciolino

---

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: