Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Builders - Mid elevator bell crank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin K.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Builders - Mid elevator bell crank Reply with quote

I am about to install the mid-elevator bell crank as per the manual, section 2. Seat Bulkhead Assembly.
My question is about the the pivot bolt referred to:

"5. Do not over tighten the pivot bolt, the bell crank must move freely with no slack side to side."

So this is what I am thinking of doing:
From left to right (or right to left):
AN4-33A bolt head, AN960-416 washer, bracket, AN960-416 washer, bell crank, AN960-416 washer, bracket, AN960-416 washer, AN365-428A Nylock nut.
Actually, it looks like I may need up to another four AN960-416 washers to take up the slack if I use the single AN4-33A that comes with the kit. An AN4-31A might be a better choice, but there are four of these with the kit and I am thinking maybe they are used for something else later? Should I be using the AN4-33A ?
Is there any value in lubricating the pivot bolt before assembly? If so, what kind of lubricant?
Any other comments please?

Colin K.
OK
http://www.mykitlog.com/cojaken [quote][b]

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List

vettin74(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Builders - Mid elevator bell crank Reply with quote

Colin,

You can use the 31A and i can get you out another one, You should have 15 bonze bushes with the kit. I have drilled out the 1/4" hole to 3/8" and than installed a bearing from what would eb the outside of the bearing twords the inside, file off the small bit which sticks thru, than use a washer between the bush and the bell crank. This will incase the bolt rotates give a better surface than the aluminum....

Nick

"Colin J. Kennedy" <cjk129(at)cox.net> wrote:
Quote:
I am about to install the mid-elevator bell crank as per the manual, section 2. Seat Bulkhead Assembly.
My question is about the the pivot bolt referred to:
    "5. Do not over tighten the pivot bolt, the bell crank must move freely with no slack side to side."
So this is what I am thinking of doing:
From left to right (or right to left):
AN4-33A bolt head, AN960-416 washer, bracket, AN960-416 washer, bell crank, AN960-416 washer, bracket, AN960-416 washer, AN365-428A Nylock nut.
Actually, it looks like I may need up to another four AN960-416 washers to take up the slack if I use the single AN4-33A that comes with the [/b]
[/quote]

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Colin K.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Builders - Mid elevator bell crank Reply with quote

Thanks Nick. When assembled as you recommend with the bronze bushings, it was fine to use the AN4-33A as follows:

from left to right (or right to left):

AN4-33A bolt head, AN960-416 washer, bracket, bronze bushing, AN960-416 washer, bell crank, AN960-416 washer, bronze bushing, bracket, two AN960-416 washers, AN365-428A Nylock nut.

Colin K.
OK
Lightning # 52 under construction.
http://www.mykitlog.com/cojaken
[quote]
--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: