Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nanchang Left Main Gear Collapse -- Import

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOE HOWSE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Nanchang Left Main Gear Collapse -- Import Reply with quote

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

ByronMFox(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Nanchang Left Main Gear Collapse -- Import Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight, Walt. I am constantly reminded how fortunate we are as a group to have folks like you with a wealth of knowledge. I couldn't be more grateful. ...Blitz
Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.
(http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15&ncid=aolhom00030000000001) [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

UFO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Nanchang Left Main Gear Collapse -- Import Reply with quote

Blitz,

Sorry to hear about the gear colllapse, but happy it didn't occur on T/O or landing. I found something similar with a worn 'over center" part last Fall. During the December conditional inspection we found quite a few gear parts that were just worn and needed to be replaced. Several others would "probably" make it another year before replacement. Fortunately, Doug Sapp had a new set of gear available that I could afford for the same price as replacing the old parts with an exchange. I dusted the wallet off and did it. Now I'm really glad I did. Point being, the fact that we all work together to help each other see alternative solutions is one of the YAK communities greatest strengths. Also, the gear retraction used to be rather "violent" (it scared the mechanic.) Thanks to the YAK resources of Doug and Dennis, he was reassured that this was due to the desire of some airshow pilots to remove the pressure relief ports for a snappier gear retraction which just looks better. (You guys know this, but I didn't, and there was no way we would have descerned this from the Chinese manuals without spending hours guessing.) As financially painful as owning any aircraft can be, all I can say is that people outside of the YAK community are envious of our relatively low costs, fun factor, resources and camaradie.

"alis grave nil",
(Nothing is heavy to those who have wings)

Valkyrie
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: