Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT - Explain This

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
k5wiv(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: OT - Explain This Reply with quote

Not quite the way it was when I had a gas station. I received my gas from the distributor on consignment. I had the option of setting my pump prices at what ever I chose, but when the distributor contacted me about a price chance, I read the pumps, paid for the gas sold at the previous cost and we split the change. (i. e. if the price went down $0.02, we each absorbed $0.01, etc.) I did have a minimum margin, so if the price went too low, I didn't loose all of my profit. In other words, I paid for the gas, in arrears, at the distributor established price, and if I chose to accept a different margin, could set the pump price at what ever level I chose, but believe me, it was best for me to use the established price. And no, we didn't sell beer or cigarettes (this was before the days of self service) and we didn't make more than expenses on gas, but by giving good service we made money on tires, batteries and accessories (and on oil changes, lube jobs and wash and wax).

Things have changed!

Jack & Cecilia Sargeant
1127 Patricia St.
Wichita, KS 67208-2642
316/683-5268 [quote] --

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: