Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum Etiquette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:18 pm    Post subject: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

Guys if you do not have anything nice to say to each other just don't say anything at all. This fighting is getting old and childish. Seems like one of you just has to have the last word in. No need for that. This is wasting forum bandwidth on useless crap! Rolling Eyes

We all have different opinions about different things however there is no reason to go over board and bash one another with wild comments like "go fuck your self"!!! Jeez! Confused

Thats really pushing it. I understand someone saying something like your not a good enough pilot can make you angry but big deal!!! You are the one that knows if you are a good pilot or not!

I think it is good to hear different opinions on different matters such as VGs.

While I am fairly new to this list less than a year It looks as though JetPilot is being singled out in the most recent knock down drag out in the VG thread.

All I am saying is I see two sides to these issues and neither side is handling it correctly.

JUST LET IT GO GUYS!!!!Very Happy

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Dana

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

At 06:18 PM 7/31/2008, grantr wrote:
Quote:

Guys if you do not have anything nice to say...

Yeah, ENOUGH of this VG discussion. Let's switch the subject to something
else nice and non controversial... Seafoam perhaps? Smile

-Dana
--
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ElleryWeld(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

Just wait till you get a taste of him is all I have to say

Ellery
do not archive

In a message dated 7/31/2008 6:21:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, grant_richardson25(at)yahoo.com writes:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "grantr" <grant_richardson25(at)yahoo.com>

Guys if you do not have anything nice to say to each other just don't say anything at all. This fighting is getting old and childish. Seems like one of you just has to have the last word in. No need for that. This is wasting forum bandwidth on useless crap! [Rolling Eyes]

We all have different opinions about different things however there is no reason to go over board and bash one another with wild comments like go fuck your self!!! Jeez! Confused

Thats really pushing it. I understand someone saying something like your not a good enough pilot can make you angry but big deal!!! You are the one that knows if you are a good pilot or not!

While I am fairly new to this list less than a year It looks as though JetPilot is being singled out in the most recent knock down drag out in the VG thread.

All I am saying is I see two sides to these issues and neither side is handling it correctly.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=195915#195915

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
[quote][b]

Snoopy Baxley

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

Yeah Guys !!...Listen to the new Kidd on the Block [img]http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05d1e/08[/img] Smile)

Do not Archive

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
[quote][b]

JetPilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

Grantr is very observant, it is time for this to end. I have wasted enough of my time on this petty bickering, and it takes the fun out of the list for everyone.

Some have taken offense to my posts at times, I can be very direct in telling people they are wrong. Things escalate and we all write while we are angry and have said things we should not, I accept that I have written things I should not... To Ellery and a few others involved in this, people are noticing your actions and double standards, where you complaining about me while posting the worst things this list has ever seen. Only one person has commented so far, but you can be assured that many others are taking note of your actions. Don't try to act like you are innocent and that I am to blame for this mess, people are not buying it.

I have proposed an end to the bickering. I and a lot of others would like a nice friendly list, this is not fun. I am not the type of person that holds a grudge, this thing and bitterness can pass. I hope that Ellery and the others can do the same. We owe it to the many other users of this list to put this behind us.

Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
tkrolfe(at)toast.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

grantr wrote:
Quote:

Guys if you do not have anything nice to say to each other just don't say anything at all. This fighting is getting old and childish. Seems like one of you just has to have the last word in. No need for that. This is wasting forum bandwidth on useless crap! [Rolling Eyes]

We all have different opinions about different things however there is no reason to go over board and bash one another with wild comments like go fuck your self!!! Jeez! Confused

Grant,

As you say, your relatively new to the List. What upsets the regular
user of the List is that every year a new YoYo comes along and begins to
abuse everyone on the List that doesn't agree with him. A know-it all
that can't show any restraint or common courtesy. What you, being new
to the List, are seeing is the cumulation of many ignorant postings by
this one individual and the guys on the List saying enough!!!!!

So be mindful that you are also new and should understand there is
history to this and don't be so judgmental or lecture others about their
frustrations. One individual can and has made this forum lass than it
should be!!!! What you are seeing is a reaction to this.

I'm thankful that Homer Kolb doesn't monitor this list because I know he
would be embarrassed by what transpires on a list with his good name
attached to it.

Hoping the List gets back to what it used to be several years ago, but
also realizing we have the new (better) generation joining us.

Terry - FireFly #95

JetPilot

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

I will agree with Terry on one thing, that this bitterness does have a history, but that is where it ends. There has been this little group of guys on the list for years now, they think the own this list. A couple of years ago, I committed the sin of telling one of them they were wrong. Ever since then, this same small group of people have seen fit to attack every post I make. This small group of individuals is so desperate to attack me here on the forum, they are are willing to post some of the worst things ever seen on this list in the name cleaning it up. As I stated before, they hypocrisy of saying " **** OFF " while condemning everything I say as inappropriate is not lost on the other members of this list.

tkrolfe(at)toast.net wrote:

As you say, your relatively new to the List. What upsets the regular
user of the List is that every year a new YoYo comes along and begins to
abuse everyone on the List that doesn't agree with him.

I am far from a YoYo, I have been involved in aviation all my adult life, and have far more knowledge than many of these guys. All my facts are correct, it just does not sit well well with group of individuals that can not handle a new guy coming to the list and knowing more than they do. Instead of posting facts, or pointing out how my information may be wrong, they just start saying " **** OFF , and leave the list "... The sure sign of people with no facts that are just desperate to discredit someone.

This latest debacle, anyone is welcome to check my facts on VG's, electric trim, and anything else I have posted on. I am not responsible for the egos that can not handle being corrected by a new guy when they post bad information.

I have made a good faith effort, and am more than willing to end to this ugliness. This is nothing more than a computer forum, all the ugliness ends for me as soon as I turn off the screen. As I have stated before, there is not a one of these guys that I have such a problem with that I would not help them if they needed it... But I will not sit back quietly and take abuse either. From the responses since ( Calling me a "Yo Yo" etc ), it is obvious that these individuals are just to bitter and vengeful to ever let this go. Terry, Ellery, And those of you that are unable to let this go, don't blame me or anyone else for your need for vengeance and for your bad conduct on this list, no one is buying it.

Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
slyck(at)frontiernet.net

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

What it comes down to is being able to accept that others may have
their own opinions on things
and letting it go at that. It shows a lack of diplomacy calling
someone an idiot in print, especially
when you might not do the same in person. This forum is like a
livingroom to most of us and
a pleasant place to exchange ideas.
Please try to keep it pleasant.
mr niceguy, BB
do not archive

On 1, Aug 2008, at 3:55 PM, JetPilot wrote:

Quote:

I will agree with Terry on one thing, that this bitterness does
have a history, but that is where it ends. There has been this
little group of guys on the list for years now, they think the own
this list, and committed the sin of telling one of them they were
wrong. Ever since then, this same small group of people have seen
fit to attack every post I make. This small group of individuals
is so desperate to attack me here on the forum, they are are
willing to post some of the worst things ever seen on this list in
the name cleaning it up. As I stated before, they hypocrisy of
saying " **** OFF " while condemning everything I say as
inappropriate is not lost on the other members of this list.
tkrolfe(at)toast.net wrote:
> As you say, your relatively new to the List. What upsets the regular
> user of the List is that every year a new YoYo comes along and
> begins to
> abuse everyone on the List that doesn't agree with him.
I am far from a YoYo, I have been involved in aviation all my adult
life, and have far more knowledge than many of these guys. All my
facts are correct, it just does not sit well well with group of
individuals that can not handle a new guy coming to the list and
knowing more than they do. Instead of posting facts, or pointing
out how my information may be wrong, they just start saying " ****
OFF , and leave the list "... The sure sign of people with no
facts that are just desperate to discredit someone.

This latest debacle, anyone is welcome to check my facts on VG's,
electric trim, and anything else I have posted on. I am not
responsible for the egos that can not handle being corrected by a
new guy when they post bad information.
I have made a good faith effort, and am more than willing to end to
this ugliness. From the responses since ( Calling me a "Yo Yo"
etc ), it is obvious that these individuals are just to bitter and
vengeful to ever let this go. Terry, Ellery, And those of you that
are unable to let this go, don't blame me or anyone else for your
need for vengeance and for your bad conduct on this list, no one is
buying it.

Mike

--------
&quot;NO FEAR&quot; - If you have no fear you did not go as fast
as you could have !!!

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=196058#196058

NeilsenRM(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Forum Etiquette Reply with quote

I just got back from a wonderful week at Oshkosh. I talked to a bunch of
great people and saw many wonderful airplanes. Thanks to everyone on the
list that I talked to, you made my week. It is the people experience that
makes it so great. I even talked to Homer Kolb and his wife. There was only
one Kolb that flew in and it was a Firestar. New Kolb didn't have anything
flying. I missed not seeing John H there. We even had two Port-O-lets in the
UL/LSA campground. Our buddies wouldn't let the suck trucks in to clean them
but.... Also had some solemn moments with our Kolb friends thinking about
our departed friend John W. His ear to ear smile, humor and friendship was
sorely missed.

Then I came back to all this crap on our list! Please one and all THINK
before your type! Be nice. Do not get personal or calling people nasty
names. If you are one of the nasty posters, people will set you straight. I
think it is called what goes around comes around. If you cry about people
getting even with your on the list you are reinforcing their satisfaction.
Everyone just let it go ..... PLEASE!

I talked to one of our group at Oshkosh that is very reluctant to make a
post for fear of getting slammed. We are here to help people with their Kolb
airplanes. Everyone has some great things to contribute. Please speak up.

Do not archive

Rick Neilsen
Redrive VW powered MKIIIC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: