Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VG's
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElleryWeld(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

after the results I saw today with VG's Im not sold on em and I have a new set I will sell you if you really believe they work that good
I guess I am with John H on this one

Ellery in Maine
do not archive and do not install VG's

In a message dated 7/26/2008 5:31:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com writes:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "pj.ladd" <pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com>

plane might fly just fine in most cases with an aft limit, but then be
unable to recover from a spin,>>

Hi,
I understand that the Thud could not be got out of a flat spin. Standard
drill was to take your hands and feet off, and wait. That took guts.

Cheers

Pat es y --> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS nbsp; - List Contribution Web Site ;   =========================

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

Quote:
after the results I saw today with VG's Im not sold on em and I have a new
set I will sell you if you really believe they work that good

Ellery in Maine

Hi Folks:

Don't think I ever said how well they do or do not work. However, I did say I have no requirement for them on my mkIII.

john h
mkIII
Huntsville, TN Cruising the beautiful mountains on my ATV. Using the WIFI in front of the Court House, Sheriff's Office, and the local jail. Double towing the 5th wheel and ATV trailer illegally in TN. Hope a concerned Sheriff's Deputy doesn't arrest me and put me in that old jail house. Wink

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Titus, Alabama
JetPilot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

Ellery,

If you did not see a huge improvement with VG's on your Kolb, then you either screwed up the installation, or you are not a good enough pilot to recognize the improvements in flight charismatics. The benefits of VG's on Kolbs are very well documented.

I have no axe to grind with you, and I am not trying to bash you here on the list. I do think you need to hear the facts in a very direct and unbiased manner, then do what you like.

Good Luck,

Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
bartmo(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

Ellery,
What brand and price for VGs?
Bart M

jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by:
Quote:
after the results I saw today with VG's Im not sold on em and I have a new
set I will sell you if you really believe they work that good

Ellery in Maine

Hi Folks:

Don't think I ever said how well they do or do not work. However, I did say I have no requirement for them on my mkIII.

john h
mkIII
Huntsville, TN Cruising the beautiful mountains on my ATV. Using the WIFI in front of the Court House, Sheriff's Office, and the local jail. Double towing the 5th wheel and ATV trailer illegally in TN. Hope a concerned Sheriff's Deputy doesn't arrest me and put me in that old jail [quote][b]

Steven Green

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

Quote:

Ellery,

If you did not see a huge improvement with VG's on your Kolb, then you
either screwed up the installation, or you are not a good enough pilot to
recognize the improvements in flight charismatics. The benefits of VG's
on Kolbs are very well documented.

I have no axe to grind with you, and I am not trying to bash you here on
the list. I do think you need to hear the facts in a very direct and
unbiased manner, then do what you like.

Good Luck,

Mike

Mike,

If you have such a need for VGs on YOUR Kolb then you either screwed up the
plane or you are not a good enough pilot to recognize that it is a great
flying plane without them.

Sorry Guys, just couldn't hold back
do not archive

Steven

ElleryWeld(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

Jetpilot
it was not my plane and I didn't install the VG's on it I was just test flying it for a friend why don't you ever have anything decent to say to anyone on this list every time there's and argument why is it Your always involved in it? You have an axe to grind with me now I hope for your sake we don't ever run in to each other sparks are going to fly
and I am sure I am very capable of recognizing  a change of flight in the same plane with VG's installed and You know nothing of my abilities so why don't you go "excuse my language but" F#%k Your self and mind your own business
Oh yah as always You think you have all the answers, what a Joke

Ellery in Maine
do not archive

In a message dated 7/27/2008 1:05:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, orcabonita(at)hotmail.com writes:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "JetPilot" <orcabonita(at)hotmail.com>

Ellery,

If you did not see a huge improvement with VG's on your Kolb, then you either screwed up the installation, or you are not a good enough pilot to recognize the improvements in flight charismatics. The benefits of VG's on Kolbs are very well documented.

I have no axe to grind with you, and I am not trying to bash you here on the list. I do think you need to hear the facts in a very direct and unbiased manner, then do what you like.

Good Luck,

Mike

--------
&quot;NO FEAR&quot; - If you have no fear you did not go as fast as you could have !!!

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=195226#195226

Get fantasy football with free live scoring. Sign up for FanHouse Fantasy Football today.
[quote][b]

ElleryWeld(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:09 am    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

thanks for you view on this Steven GOOD POINT !!

Ellery
do not archive

In a message dated 7/27/2008 7:41:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, Kolbdriver(at)bellsouth.net writes:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "Steven Green" <Kolbdriver(at)bellsouth.net>

Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: "JetPilot" <orcabonita(at)hotmail.com>

Ellery,

If you did not see a huge improvement with VG's on your Kolb, then you
either screwed up the installation, or you are not a good enough pilot to
recognize the improvements in flight charismatics. The benefits of VG's
on Kolbs are very well documented.

I have no axe to grind with you, and I am not trying to bash you here on
the list. I do think you need to hear the facts in a very direct and
unbiased manner, then do what you like.

Good Luck,

Mike

Mike,

If you have such a need for VGs on YOUR Kolb then you either screwed up the
flying plane without them.

Sorry Guys, just couldn't hold back
do not archive

Steven es y --> - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS nbsp; - List Contribution Web Site ;   =========================

[quote][b]

tkrolfe(at)toast.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

ElleryWeld(at)aol.com wrote:
Quote:
*thanks for you view on this Steven GOOD POINT !!*
*Ellery *
*do not archive*

In a message dated 7/27/2008 7:41:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Kolbdriver(at)bellsouth.net writes:
Ellery & Steven,

While I understand your frustration with the idiot that has invaded our
List group, trying to reason with him it totally fruitless. I am guilty
of trying to do so also and now realize that it is in vain. He is one
of those personality types that thrives on getting normal people upset
by making outrageous statements and being offensive in every way
possible. I'm sure he gotten away with this lifestyle way too long to
be able to change and it's real easy to hide behind the internet where
your not going to get a bloody nose or black eye for your childish,
stupid behavior.

This type of individual thrives on the kind of response we are
providing and the best method of dealing with him would be for everyone
to ignore his existence. *No Response to his messages* would be the
best way of dealing with him. He needs the emotional responses to
validate his rightest, superior attitude. Eventually, without getting
his anticipated responses, he will wither away.

Terry - FireFly #95

vicsv(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

Hey yoos guys My ears are burnin.

I put the VG's in question on my own plane. I made vinyl templates on my PC, exact dimentions, exact angles and cut them out using a vinyl cutter. They are equally spaced between ribs.

Ellery is a friend of mine so let me do the bashing on list cause if you where not I'd hate to see if you were.
He was a little quick to judgement since the whole flight lasted only 18 mins.
He wasn't wearing his glasses, so I was watching gauges.
It was a hot day with 2 on board in crappy air.
It stalled at about 42 to 43 mph which is what it's suposed to do with 1 pilot in good conditions.
Hardly reliable anyway when the nose is pointed that far up. There must be odd pressure forces on the pito from the flat bottomed nose.
Takeoff was 250-275 ft. tail up and pretty much perpendicular to the runway, Ellery still thinks its his Firestar were flying. He likes to cram on all power, bend the right ruder pedal and go for it.
Twice we landed at about 50mph. The last time we did that pre VG's at 50 we hit the ground from lack of lift.
My opinion, there was improvement, not much but hardly a proper flight test.

What are the published #'s for the Xtra with flapperons? I can't find the the info before the recent mods?

Vic
Maine
912 ul

[quote][b]

Possums

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

At 06:33 AM 7/28/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
Jetpilot
it was not my plane why don't you go "excuse my language but" F#%k Your self and mind your own business

Oh yah as always You think you have all the answers, what a Joke

Ellery in Maine

You're not going to take that - are you Jetpilot ??
[quote][b]

smlplanet(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

I guess I have missed some of the input on VG's when I see all these comments. I have a Mark111 / 912UL and have VG's that I am going to TRY to see if I notice any improvment and if not C off them come. I hate to see people that haven't tried something put others down like I have seen on here. I sold and worked on boats for year. Being a dealer rigged many..many of the same boats and engines just alike. One thing I found was not every one ran the same and had to be tweeked C nothing worst than two of the same boats and one would out do the other C customers not happy. I think this MAY be true of our planes also that we build C where one thing works for one it isn't going to on another. All I can say is keep an open mind and make your own call C your flying it !!!

Date: Mon C 28 Jul 2008 14:23:47 -0400
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: VG's

At 06:33 AM 7/28/2008 C you wrote:
Quote:
Jetpilot
it was not my plane why don't you go "excuse my language but" F#%k Your self and mind your own business

Oh yah as always You think you have all the answers C what a Joke

Ellery in Maine

You're not going to take that - are you Jetpilot ??
[quote]

arget=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
ttp://forums.matronics.com
=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

JetPilot

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

Given the report on Ellerys test results on VG's, your my statement about Ellery was right on the money. When I said Ellery was not a good enough pilot to recognize the improvements, I was correct. Anyone that makes a statement like Ellery did after the 18 minute test flight described definitely has a lot to learn about flying. I have never claimed to have all the answers, but I when I do write something here on the list, you can bet that I have checked my facts and what I post is good information. When Ellery posted bad information about VG's, that is contrary to my own experience, and what many others have reported here on the list, it was very obvious that something was wrong.

Most of these little pissing matches here are due to some small people that can not handle being told they are wrong in public. Ellery on VG's , PlaneCrazzy on electric trim, and others as well that have become vindictive because I pointed out in public they were wrong. Ellery complained about me, and then in the next sentence posts something far worse than I have ever posted here on the list, I am sure most people will recognize hypocrisy when they see it. I don't care about the little cliques here on the list, or who likes who.. This list is about posting good and accurate information to those that need it. If I see someone is so irresponsible as to post bad information that is a disservice to other pilots, I will point it out every time.
Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
ElleryWeld(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:51 am    Post subject: VG's Reply with quote

I am not like you it doesn't take me a month to see a what is suppose to be a big difference in an airplane That I have already flown.
I don't think we need to take a Vote on how many times you have pissed people off here thinking you know more than anyone else and Yes you do think you have all the answers.
I am not like that at all I am willing to say I don't have all the answers but I am also willing to listen to others something you can not do
and just like Steven Said If you have such a need for VGs on YOUR Kolb then you either screwed up the
flying plane without them
You are Going back on my SPAM list I have listen to your crap for the last time

Ellery
do not archive

[quote][b]

JetPilot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

ElleryWeld(at)aol.com wrote:

and just like Steven Said If you have such a need for VGs on YOUR Kolb then you either screwed up the
flying plane without them

My Kolb flys better than any other Kolb out there as far as I am concerned, and I NEVER said that the Kolb is not a great flying plane without VG's. The Kolbs are very nice flying planes compared to other planes in the same class, with or without VG's.

What I DID say was that VG's are a great improvement for Kolbs, it is a well proven fact that anyone on this list can verify through years research and pilot reports. The fact that Ellery and Steven green had to resort to using a play on words to try to confuse this fact tells me one thing:

Ellery and Steven green put their own personal agendas above helping other pilots that read this list. Ellery and Steven Green are willing to do a disservice, to try to mislead other Kolb owners, and post bad information to suit their own personal agendas. These are the LAST type of people I would listen to for advice.

Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
planecrazzzy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

I'm with you Ellery,

Just a constant eyesore on this list....
Which I avoid like the Plague....
Gotta Fly...
Mike & "Jaz" in MN

Last edited by planecrazzzy on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
JetPilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

There are lots of forums on the internet, and it is common to have disagreements on them, it is inevitable no matter what the subject. Most people are adult enough to deal with it, post what they need to post and move on. On very rare occasion you hear of people that threaten others with violence, etc. etc. I, as most others that I know have always just shaken our heads when we hear of something like this, only the lowest, most disturbed human trash would threaten someone because of a disagreement on the internet.

To give you a bit of history, Planecrazzzy and I corresponded in some private messages about a couple Kolb items, always cordially. One day I told Planecrazzzy that he was wrong on this list in a pretty nice way in this thread, you are all welcome to read it for yourselves.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=36500&highlight=electric+trim

The reaction by Planecrazzzy was nothing short of bizarre... Its all there for everyone to read. The fact that Planecrazzzy has resorted to threatening me many months later just shows what a disturbed individual he is.

A certain group of people here have always taken sides, applying standards of conduct to some on this list, while ignoring the likes of Ellery and Planecrazzy posting some of the worst things to have ever been seen on the matronics forums. It speaks very poorly for all involved that have supported this bashing of on the list to the point where people can think they can threaten, and try to indimidate other members of this list. I will be writing the matronics administrator about this, Planecrazzzy has corssed a line here that no one should ignore here.

Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
lucien

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

JMO,

I would recommend, as a safety measure, no punitive action at all and simply ignoring the offending threads/people.

One has to be very careful with what comes in out of the night onto the internet - it's like poking a cornered bear with a sharp stick, you never know how he's going to react. When threats begin to appear, it's time to duck out because then you really don't know what you're dealing with.

Some examples:

I got into a debate once on one of the USENET newsgroups with a guy who didn't understand how stall was determined by AOA and not airspeed. A couple of the CFI's on that list got involved too and the thread quickly got pretty hot.

The guy sure enough was a nutcase - he ended up calling the local FSDO in the area I was living and lodging a complaint that I was buzzing some local houses or something like that.
I almost had to retain an attorney, but fortunately it ended once it was discovered the caller was a crank.
He did similar things to the several CFI's that had been involved also.

And there are other cases where the damage done by the nutcase was far far worse, the infamous Robert L. Bass incident on rec.aviation.homebuilt comes to mind. There some legal blood was spilt before it was all over and the results were very ugly for a couple of the list members.

And so on for other nutcases/lists that I'm sure we all are familiar with.

Nowadays my strategy is just to hone in on the point of fact and try to keep everything else out of it (tho I still sometimes drop a mild Ad Hominum here and there, always regretting it later).

There's a lot of weirdness out there - you don't want em finding out who and where you are, because it can really end up following you.

My .02,

LS

planecrazzzy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

I went to that page..... it just said Jet Pilot was a moron....

Look for yourself....

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=36500&highlight=electric+trim

Gotta Fly...
Mike & "Jaz" in MN

JetPilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

Deleted..

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
JetPilot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: VG's Reply with quote

I started to post a response in my last post, but this garbage has gone on long enough. Its a turning into a petty pissing match that needs to end.

Planecrazzzy, I do no want to see you off the list, or anyone else. I expect the same courtesy in return from everyone. As far as threats, they have no place here, I see the threat was deleted, which is a good start. There are so many more important things than petty arguments on the Internet.

I have met some of the people things got pretty hot with in the past. I met Rick Neilsen at Sun and Fun, and he came up and said hi, which I thought was pretty cool. I have gotten into it pretty good with Mike Welch at times, but he did try to help me out when he thought I had created a dangerous situation with my airplane.

As far as I am concerned, these little pissing matches are far to easy to get into behind a screen and a keyboard, and that is exactly where I leave them. If any of you guys ever needed help with your plane in real life, Ellery and Planecrazzzy included, I would not hesitate to help any of you guys out. All this nastiness and bitterness goes away as soon as I turn off the computer.

Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: