Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ignition Noise Question - Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
georgerace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:06 am    Post subject: Ignition Noise Question - Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for all the ideas on removing ignition noise. Will be trying a bunch of them to see what is most effective for my installation.

George
N73EX - FLYING

Do Not Archive
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List

mhinde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Ignition Noise Question - Thanks Reply with quote

A few years ago I had an ICOM A200 that had terrible ignition noise. After spending a long time doing wiring mods, capacitors on mags and everything else I could think of, I asked an ICOM tech about the problem at their booth at the Canadian Aviation Expo. He took me aside, picked up an A200 from their display, showed me a small opening on the case and said "take a small screwdriver and turn the adjustment on the circuit board a small amount and test it". According to him, the factory sets the the squelch level very low for maximum distance (weak) signal reception. The ignition noise will break the squelch and come through.
I did the adjustment in small increments until the squelch blocked the ignition noise. Voila! No more noise problem. As best as I could ascertain the reception stayed the same, as signals from some distance still broke the squelch and came through fine.
I'm sorry, I can't remember exactly where the opening was, other than more or less in the middle of the case, and I think I turned it clockwise, but can't be sure. Trial and error.

Mel
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: