Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hose from Fuel pump to de-bubbler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott-p(at)texas.net

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Hose from Fuel pump to de-bubbler Reply with quote

Hi All,

I discovered today that the hose that runs from the output side of my
fuel pump to the fuel de-bubbler (the spherical yellow tank on the
firewall) was leaking like a sieve, with gas just dripping out of it all
along it length. To be fair, the hose (like the airplane) dates from
1995 as best I can tell, so there has been more than 12 years of service
life on it. Of course, now I have the problem of how to replace this
hose. Any suggestions? The fittings seem to be OK (the fitting on the
pump side appears to be a banjo fitting, while the fitting on the
de-bubbler side looks like the Russian equivalent of AN...). The hose OD
is just shy of 2 cm, and I have no idea what the ID is. Obviously, my
first choice is to find a supplier for the complete hose (but that
doesn't appear likely at this point), but alternatively, I am willing to
make a new hose if someone can tell me a) what hose to use, and b) what
fittings to use (or how to work the old ones...).

Any ideas?

Scott Poehlmann
Yak 55M N155YK

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
dougsappllc(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Hose from Fuel pump to de-bubbler Reply with quote

Scott,
I have some bulk fuel hose here and may be able to match what you have. I would try Jill at M14P INC first as they have a good stock of 52 support parts. If Jill cannot help you with a hose assembly let me know the ID and the OD and I'll check my stock.

Always Yakin,
Doug
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Scott Poehlmann <scott-p(at)texas.net (scott-p(at)texas.net)> wrote:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: Scott Poehlmann <scott-p(at)texas.net (scott-p(at)texas.net)>

Hi All,

I discovered today that the hose that runs from the output side of my fuel pump to the fuel de-bubbler (the spherical yellow tank on the firewall) was leaking like a sieve, with gas just dripping out of it all along it length. To be fair, the hose (like the airplane) dates from 1995 as best I can tell, so there has been more than 12 years of service life on it. Of course, now I have the problem of how to replace this hose. Any suggestions? The fittings seem to be OK (the fitting on the pump side appears to be a banjo fitting, while the fitting on the de-bubbler side looks like the Russian equivalent of AN...). The hose OD is just shy of 2 cm, and I have no idea what the ID is. Obviously, my first choice is to find a supplier for the complete hose (but that doesn't appear likely at this point), but alternatively, I am willing to make a new hose if someone can tell me a) what hose to use, and b) what fittings to use (or how to work the old ones...).
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: Hose from Fuel pump to de-bubbler Reply with quote

Remove the hose and ship it to Doug Sapp. He will make a new hose for you using your old ends to the exact same length.
Dennis

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: