Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brake Line Anchors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zenithlist(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Brake Line Anchors Reply with quote

I am about to run the hydraulic brake lines and wondering how other builders run the tubes and how to anchor the brake tubes outside the fuselage along the landing gear? I suppose drilling holes in the landing gear to put in anchors isn't a good idea?
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith601-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith601-List
pdn8r(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Brake Line Anchors Reply with quote

Lots of builders have used ADEL clamps and drilled/tapped into the landing gear. Seems have ZAC approval.

Bill Pagan EAA Tech Counselor #4395
601XL QBK/Corvair/N565BW (RES)
--- On Wed, 12/24/08, John Smith <zenithlist(at)yahoo.com> wrote:
[quote]From: John Smith <zenithlist(at)yahoo.com>
Subject: Brake Line Anchors
To: zenith601-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, December 24, 2008, 9:35 PM

I am about to run the hydraulic brake lines and wondering how other builders run the tubes and how to anchor the brake tubes outside the fuselage along the landing gear? I suppose drilling holes in the landing gear to put in anchors isn't a good idea?
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tonyplane(at)bellsouth.ne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Brake Line Anchors Reply with quote

John,

Attached is how I did mine. I procured the 3M double sided automotive trim tape from the aeroplane parts section of the local WalMart. (I ran the brake lines through the center spar, adel clamped going in and coming out and with ribbed conduit to prevent any chaffing/interference. Grommet through the side skins.

Tony Graziano
Buchanan, Tn
601XL/Jab:N493TG; 454 hrs; 976 landings

Quote:
[b]From: John Smith (zenithlist(at)yahoo.com)
To: zenith601-list(at)matronics.com (zenith601-list(at)matronics.com)
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:35 PM
Subject: Brake Line Anchors

[/b]

IMAG0388.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.25 KB
 Viewed:  392 Time(s)

IMAG0388.JPG

IMAG0264.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.36 KB
 Viewed:  396 Time(s)

IMAG0264.JPG

IMAG0299.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.57 KB
 Viewed:  376 Time(s)

IMAG0299.JPG

IMAG0300.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.87 KB
 Viewed:  392 Time(s)

IMAG0300.JPG

IMAG0385.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.45 KB
 Viewed:  370 Time(s)

IMAG0385.JPG

IMAG0387.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.92 KB
 Viewed:  405 Time(s)

IMAG0387.JPG

IMAG0386.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  37.12 KB
 Viewed:  394 Time(s)

IMAG0386.JPG

paulrod36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Brake Line Anchors Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Another guy in my hangar did this first, so I take no credit for the idea.. We "armored" the plastic tubes with lengths of 1/4 inch aluminum tubing, running it from secured points a few inches from the master cylinders, then bent the tubing as needed, until running it out the side and down the rear of the leg. A little flare at each end keeps the tubing from chafing. He used Adel clamps on his, but since I am using CZAW composite legs, I used a worm-drive band clamp at the top, courtesy of the aviation department at Ace Hardware, and a fabricated standoff at the bottom of the leg. Looks better than naked plastic tubing, and protects from rocks. It's easier if you run the plastic into the tubing before bending.

To those who pointed out how to make the forward sweep "disappear". I ain't got no nosewheel, so it's back to carpentry and build me some blocks to lift the mains. Thanks.

Paul Rodriguez
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith601-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: