Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cj down north of fort worth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronwasson

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: cj down north of fort worth Reply with quote

Forest Johnson crashed just north of propwash airport (16x) Gear
and flaps down on the base to final turn. He was lead in a 3 ship.
Hit hard nose down . Might be a stall spin accident. Both dead.
There was a fire afterward.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
MarkWDavis

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: cj down north of fort worth Reply with quote

Found the following on the web:

http://cbs11tv.com/local/fatal.plane.crash.2.899387.html

Rest in peace, "Flush".

Mark Davis
N44YK
---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

cjpilot710(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: cj down north of fort worth Reply with quote

In a message dated 1/3/2009 7:25:15 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, ronwasson(at)mindspring.com writes:

What a bad way to start a new year. I liked "Flush". He was a decent person and love formation flying.

Can anyone give us some accurate details? Who was he leading?  Any radio chatter? Who was the GIB?

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: ronald wasson <ronwasson(at)mindspring.com>

Forest Johnson crashed just north of propwash airport (16x) Gear
and flaps down on the base to final turn. He was lead in a 3 ship.
Hit hard nose down . Might be a stall spin accident. Both dead.
There was a fire es y - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS =========================< - List Contribution Web Site ;   =========================

New year...new news. Be taolcom00000026">headlines.
[quote][b]

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: cj down north of fort worth Reply with quote

This link takes you to the video of the crash site.

--

Dabear(at)damned.org

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: cj down north of fort worth Reply with quote

I'm not good with words as most of you know. I've refrained from saying anything for fear of offending anyone. But I want to try and say something.

Pappy, thanks for the pictures.

I couldn't make the services on Wednesday, I wish I could have been there. To those that gave them a good send off, thank you very, very much. I knew, flew with, and really liked Forest and Larry. They will be missed.

I guess I need help. I've lost a lot of friends in aviation over the past few years and I really am at a loss as to how to really deal with it. Some of it my be wondering if I'm next, and how I need to work to minimize that chance. But I don't think that is it.

This group of yak pilots have really been special to me. I never thought I'd get to fly a plane the way we do and love to fly. But it is really the clinics, Oshkosh gatherings, and even the phone calls/emails on Friday to see if the local group wants to get together. The comraderie, the sharing, the trust to fly so close to each other. To learn, to share, to laugh with each other. It is that bond that really keeps me coming back.

But that closeness really hurts when we lose a friend. I'm not sure i can call Flush a friend, I only knew him from flying with him. But I know I feel the loss. I know he was doing what he really loved to do. I just wish he kept going up out of sight in the end. I'd rather that picture in my mind that the one on the web.

They will be missed.

Words just don't really have enough meaning...

sorry

DaBear

[quote][b]

ChangDriver

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: cj down north of fort worth Reply with quote

daBear:

The reality is any one of us could be next. Life has risk and our flying activities are a part of that risk. I have to admit that after the engine failure I experienced last year, I think about aviation a bit differently. The risk is more real and apparent. I live to tell others about it, hug my kid, kiss my wife and enjoy the company of friends - others have had the same situation I had end up differently.

I've been fortunate to not have lost anyone close to me in an aviation accident. I have lost friends and family in car accidents and due to illness. It always hurts.

Each of us makes a decision to move on. I've been reading the book by Ed Viesturs who has climbed the worlds 14 highest mountains. He lost many, many dear friends in climbing accidents but pressed on toward his goals. Loss is a part of life that we each must deal with. We only have so much time on this planet and we ought to make the best of it. Each of us is blessed to have the success in life to be able to own and operate an aircraft. In addition to that blessing, we as a group are blessed to have the bond of our aircraft type and the kind of flying we do.

Maybe you can keep this picture in your mind. It is the one I have of Forrest (who I unfortunately never met and did not know). His #2 in the recount of the last part of the flight said he watched Forrest smile and give the sign for his break. That is what I remember. A person having fun, doing something he loved. A lead smiling for a flight well flown and enjoyed by all. A friend looking at another friend and smiling just because they are happy to be in each others company sharing an experience together.

Forrest died doing something he loved and in the company of friends. We should all be so lucky as it beats sitting in a nursing home waiting to die, getting hit by a drunk driver while running errands, having a fatal accident commuting to or from work, or dying due to a lengthy illness.

I hope this helps. I look forward to flying with you again.

Craig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: