Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wing Tip Construction Stall Warning System Steps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noconwud(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Wing Tip Construction Stall Warning System Steps Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm new to the email list, but was wondering if someone
might have some guidance. I'm working on the wingtips, and the directions
recommend doing the steps on 19-2 before continuing onward. It doesn't
state which steps to perform on 19-2, and as I look at chapter 19, it looks
as though there are steps on 19-3 that could be done also. Can anyone tell
me exactly which steps they performed in chapter 19 as part of the chapter
17 wingtip construction? Thanks.

Andy Johnson
Poquoson, VA

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Lew Gallagher

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Wing Tip Construction Stall Warning System Steps Reply with quote

Hey Andy,

I've been a bit preoccupied lately, and I haven't gone back to the wingtip section you refer to, so I'm not real sure what your question is. (Not much help so far!)

But your post did remind me to mention that we got ahead of ourselves and fastened the wingtips BEFORE we had installed the flaps and ailerons. As has been mentioned in other posts, there is some play (rotation) in attaching the fiberglass wingtip to the wing, and this is critical in lining up the trailing edge of the wingtip to the trailing edge of the ailerons -- which are lined up with the trailing edge of the flaps, which are lined up by bumping them in the full up position (or -3 degree position ... at first glance you'd think they would be level with the upper wing surface, but they're not).

I don't know if that's helpful, but I sure wish we had paid attention to that earlier in the build instead of later! It was just irresistible to pop those suckers on instead of being patient and waiting until the wings were installed and the flaps/ailerons functional.

Later, - Lew

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

NOW OFICIALLY BUILDER #40549
Fly off completed !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: