Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BBQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RVSouthEast-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronschreck

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:03 am    Post subject: BBQ Reply with quote

I think Stormy is the new Pied Piper of the Atlantic Southeast. Last Monday he posted this to the list:

"Any interest in Carthage this coming Saturday? I know it's not the usual weekend for it, but I hope to be gone on a cross-country on Feb. 6th, and I need to change the oil before then. The oil needs the final few hours put on it before it's dumped - what better way than a $100 BBQ plate? Besides, my pastor, who has offered to assist with the oil change and work the air valves during the compression check this weekend, has never been to Pick'N Pig, and we need to fix that.

Who's in? -Stormy"

So who shows up? Roland Gilliam, the owner of 5NC3 was on hand to manage the ensueing invasion and said this:

"I would like to thank everyone that flew in to 5NC3 today. We had a total of 53 airplanes land today!! The old record was 36, so we beat that by 17. There were over 30 RV's."

We had airplanes from at least three states! Lurch w/Mrs Lurch and Radar from Columbia, the Pied Piper from his farm in Virginia, Tony, Charlie and Vernon from Stag, Randy and Randy with their yellow RV-7's, the Orndorffs (in person), Paul and Gregg w/Robin plus others from Raleigh, Reno, -9 Bill +2, with a gang from Charlotte and Leggs who smoked us all. We met some new folks and missed a few in the mob, but but hope we get to know you all before too long.

Sparky and I haven't had so much fun since Oshkosh. Let's do this again!

Ron "Smokey" Schreck

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
scrimm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: BBQ Reply with quote

Et All,

Bobbi and I arrived a little late about 12:15 from Atlanta, we were number 2 of about 5 in the pattern at Carthage at the time. Once on the ground it was only about a 30 minute wait to get a place to eat. Not going to be late again for sure…lol, you all are much to prompt. Enjoyed chatting with Becky and George.

It was a great time, thanks for letting us drop in with our 9A. Looking forward to another gathering.

BTW when is Stormy due for another oil change?

Steve & Bobbi Crimm

From: owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Ron Schreck
Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 6:56 AM
To: Gilliam, Roland; RV Southeast List
Subject: BBQ

[b]I think Stormy is the new Pied Piper of the Atlantic Southeast. Last Monday he posted this to the list:[/b]

"Any interest in Carthage this coming Saturday? I know it's not the usual weekend for it, but I hope to be gone on a cross-country on Feb. 6th, and I need to change the oil before then. The oil needs the final few hours put on it before it's dumped - what better way than a $100 BBQ plate? Besides, my pastor, who has offered to assist with the oil change and work the air valves during the compression check this weekend, has never been to Pick'N Pig, and we need to fix that.

Who's in? -Stormy"

[b]So who shows up? Roland Gilliam, the owner of 5NC3 was on hand to manage the ensueing invasion and said this:[/b]

[b]"[/b]I would like to thank everyone that flew in to 5NC3 today. We had a total of 53 airplanes land today!! The old record was 36, so we beat that by 17. There were over 30 RV's."

[b]We had airplanes from at least three states! Lurch w/Mrs Lurch and Radar from Columbia, the Pied Piper from his farm in Virginia, Tony, Charlie and Vernon from Stag, Randy and Randy with their yellow RV-7's, the Orndorffs (in person), Paul and Gregg w/Robin plus others from Raleigh, Reno, -9 Bill +2, with a gang from Charlotte and Leggs who smoked us all. We met some new folks and missed a few in the mob, but but hope we get to know you all before too long.[/b]

[b]Sparky and I haven't had so much fun since Oshkosh. Let's do this again![/b]

[b]Ron "Smokey" Schreck[/b]

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RVSouthEast-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: