Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yak-List:  Max X-wind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ByronMFox(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Yak-List:  Max X-wind Reply with quote

I'm not sure either, Val. At Gnoss Field, infamous for its summer afternoon 90 degree cross, where Dave King, John Zecherle and I are based we seem to run out of rudder in our CJs around 17 -- 18 knots.  

Brian Lloyd will know.......  ...Blitz

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
schwartzcompany(at)worldn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject: Yak-List:  Max X-wind Reply with quote

does the larger rudder mod for Yak 52, allow for a greater crosswind component??

Bob Schwartz
Email: schwartzcompany(at)worldnet.att.net (schwartzcompany(at)worldnet.att.net)

This information is intended for the use of individual named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the content of this information is strictly prohibited.
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

gus.fraser(at)gs.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Yak-List:  Max X-wind Reply with quote

Not sure but I bet putting caster wheels on the wing tips would help Smile)

Gus

[quote] From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of ROBERT SCHWARTZ
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:33 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Yak-List:  Max X-wind

does the larger rudder mod for Yak 52, allow for a greater crosswind component??

Bob Schwartz
Email: schwartzcompany(at)worldnet.att.net (schwartzcompany(at)worldnet.att.net)

This information is intended for the use of individual named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the content of this information is strictly prohibited.
[quote] ---

ReadeG(at)Cairnwood.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Yak-List:  Max X-wind Reply with quote

Quote:
From: ROBERT SCHWARTZ [mailto:schwartzcompany(at)worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 3:33 PM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Yak-List:  Max X-wind

{SPAM?} Header
[Genzlinger, Reade] 
Great question - Just a week ago I landed a 52 in 90 degree crosswind at 18 knots steady and had full right rudder in.  Never done that before - but it was very stable and I was still able to keep the upwind wing low.  Not sure I would try it in gusting conditions.
Reade

dsavarese(at)elmore.rr.co

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Yak-List:  Max X-wind Reply with quote

Although the book says 12 knots on the 52, I have made crosswind landings with a direct, 90 degree crosswind blowing steadily at approximately 16-17 knots and did not run out of rudder.
Dennis

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: