Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another cross country - Vidalia AirShow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cristalclear13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Another cross country - Vidalia AirShow Reply with quote

Hi all. Got my muffler back on after replacing the internal and external gaskets but the thing is still leaking.

Other than that, my plane is flying great. I took a little longer cross country trip (farther than Douglas) this past Saturday to Vidalia, Georgia. They had an airshow for their Onion Festival, and the EAA chapter there was wanting some planes for their static display and was offering free admission if you flew in. So I flew my Kolb Mark II and my gyrocopter friend flew formation with me. Our RV-9 friend flew up also and beat us coming and going of course. That is a fast plane. It took me an hour and fifteen to get there and and hour and a half on the way back. Straight trip up there is 56NM but the route we took was 62NM one way. It was a gorgeous day for flying.

I really enjoyed myself. We really had to keep an eye on our planes though. Parents either didn't watch their kids or they just let their kids do whatever they wanted. One little girl thought my horizontal stabilizer was a seat. Before we knew it another girl had climbed onto the RV-9 and when she got down she started shaking his flaps really hard. Some teens plopped into the seat of the gyrocopter and started flipping switches. So we watched the airshow from under my wings (thank the Lord for that shade or we wouldn't have made it through the day...it was so hot). We'll have to make some big Don't Touch signs if we go to another show.

Anyways, here's the link to the slideshow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ4m2qudqvs

Oh, concerning my elevator... The other picture must have been a shadow or the angle. The gyrocopter pilot said my elevator was straight out when flying straight and level.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Vidalia Onion Festival 004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.07 KB
 Viewed:  5950 Time(s)

Vidalia Onion Festival 004.jpg

ELSA Repairman for N193Y April 2008
Rotax 2 stroke maintenance April 2009
mdnanwelch7(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Another cross country - Vidalia AirShow Reply with quote

>Parents either didn't watch their kids or they just let their kids do whatever they wanted. We'll >have to make some big Don't Touch signs if we go to another show.
--------
Quote:
Cristal Waters

Christal C

Sounds like it's time to invest in a Taser!  That'll learn 'em.

Mike Welch
MkIII

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out. [quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

N111KX (Kip)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Another cross country - Vidalia AirShow Reply with quote

Looks like a great time. The small town fly-ins can be the best...

Quickie 1, N111QX
Atlanta
JetPilot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Another cross country - Vidalia AirShow Reply with quote

Its no wonder society is going to shit, kids like that generally grow up to be trashy, very self centered, rude adults. The lack of rules and discipline is very evident in the airline business, were people throw child like tantrums because they are required to follow some very simple and necessary safety rules.

Crystal,

What kind of condition is your muffler in ??? On a 2 stroke engine, if the baffling in the muffler comes loose, it will be just like an engine failure. The two stroke engine relies to a great degree on the exhaust system to draw air through the engine to obtain its power output. One of the guys in our club here had a very difficult forced landing in his Kolb due to internal baffling coming loose in his muffler. The engine still ran, but with no usable power, he said he could do a little better than Idle, not enough to maintain flight. If the muffler is on the verge of coming apart inside, better to replace it.

Mike

Kolb MK-III Xtra, 912-S
grantr

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Another cross country - Vidalia AirShow Reply with quote

You needed a big ole stick. Stuff like that makes my blood boil. Those kids would have know how I felt about it Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: