Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Head studs /fifth bearing / WW engine parts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsebke(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject: Head studs /fifth bearing / WW engine parts Reply with quote

I have WW assembly manuals and DVDs.I have good 95HP engine complete.Totally disassembled, case and heads cleaned.All seems excellent except end of upper head studs are corroded to the point of no threads remaining outboard of where nuts were on the stud.Only one stud came loose and it was clean.I have limited access to another engine in rural Nebr..Is it acceptable to Loctite 620 the loose one back in place and use the studs as is.The previous nuts were totally seated on threads,but this leaves no room for error.I also understand once nuts are torqued in place,they should stay put. Does anyone know the price of WW fifth bearing and it's availability.What other options are out there? Is the billet crank I have seen at magnificentmachine (?) still to be used with an additional bearing or does this crank eliminate that need? I want to build engine with all available Gold parts from WW. Parts look excellent on website.Anyone with experience in working with him?How about turn around on things like intake tube welding etc? I'm building Zodiac 650 tail done,waiting on wing kit,playing with engine to keep having fun.I have only been on this site a few weeks,so sorry if this is so wordy.

[quote][b]

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
dgaldrich

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Head studs /fifth bearing / WW engine parts Reply with quote

William Wynne is pleasant to deal with. His attitude in person is exactly like the mental picture you get from reading the assembly manual. Don't know what the WW 5th bearing costs but the Dan Weseman one is right at a grand, maybe $1100. I was at Sun n Fun the last two days and had a good close look at the Weseman assembly. Looks like a quality part.

- The Matronics CorvairEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?CorvairEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> CorvairEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: