Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kolb list 447 problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arksey(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: kolb list 447 problem Reply with quote

I've been flying in front of a 912ULS for many years, but am now also flying (again) in front of a 447... and I'm already missing the reliability!

Ok, so, I'm flying along for 40 minutes, and everything is cool. I'm flying straight-and-level, no throttle changes, just cruising, then suddenly the rpms drop 1000rpm, from about 6200 to 5200, then after a moment, it surges back up to 6200. Then about 3-4 seconds later, it does the same thing. Luckily, I'm near the airport, so I make a bee-line to the runway and land safely.

Hi Robert,
my 503 on my firestar ll gave me a similar problem as your 447...i could not find what was wrong, so i put in a faucet pump, a new pulse pump, did away with the primer bulb, and replaced the primer pump. In my case I think the primer pump was leaking a little causing the pulse pump to not be able to supply enough fuel to the carb's to keep them full when near full power setting. If your fuel tanks are where mine are you a trying to lift fuel almost the maximum distance with the pulse pump even if every thing is perfect. I have not had a hic up since. I have a feeling that fuel systems are a lot of 2 cycle engine problems. just my 2 cents worth...jim swan

JIM SWAN
firestar ll, 503, N663S
Eaton Rapids, Mi. 48827
PH 517-663-8488 runway 2300' E & W (42-28.58N 084-44.69 W )
S T R E T C H your technology dollars with great laptop deals from Dell!
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: