Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV-4 Preview plan questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dougsnash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:09 am    Post subject: RV-4 Preview plan questions Reply with quote

Hey guys, I have recently started going through my RV-4 (Nov 08 vintage) preview plans. I am kind of following along as though I were really building the plane. I am looking through section 6 which is the assembly of the empanage group. The assembly instructions reference DWG numbers which I have figured out with no problem. Where I am having issues is that it is referencing figure numbers that I don't seem to have. I have Fig 6-1 through fig 6-4 but don't have Fig 6-5 through 6-11 that are mentioned in the assembly instructions.

My question is:

a) Are these figures not included because these are just the Preview Plans and are therefore included in the final plans?

b) Are the "missing" figures buried elsewhere in the plans and even though I have looked, I just haven't found them yet? I would think they would be located with the 6-1 through 6-4 but who knows.

c) Were these pages accidentally omitted from the Preview Plans package by Van's (or their printer)?

I realize that Van's is excellent about answering issues like this but I figure that I should leave their precious time to people that have started drilling and cutting rather than just evaluating like me.

Doug MacDonald
RV-4 dreamer
NW Ontario, Canada

Do not archive

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
brucebell74(at)sbcglobal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: RV-4 Preview plan questions Reply with quote

Dream about a RV-8!
Bruce Bell
RV-4 2888 Flying

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

richardreynolds(at)cox.ne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: RV-4 Preview plan questions Reply with quote

The figure numbers may refer to figures in "Vans builders manual".

Richard Reynolds
Norfolk VA
RV-6A - N841RV
On Aug 26, 2009, at 11:07 AM, MacDonald Doug wrote:

Quote:

Hey guys, I have recently started going through my RV-4 (Nov 08
vintage) preview plans. I am kind of following along as though I
were really building the plane. I am looking through section 6
which is the assembly of the empanage group. The assembly
instructions reference DWG numbers which I have figured out with no
problem. Where I am having issues is that it is referencing figure
numbers that I don't seem to have. I have Fig 6-1 through fig 6-4
but don't have Fig 6-5 through 6-11 that are mentioned in the
assembly instructions.

My question is:

a) Are these figures not included because these are just the Preview
Plans and are therefore included in the final plans?

b) Are the "missing" figures buried elsewhere in the plans and even
though I have looked, I just haven't found them yet? I would think
they would be located with the 6-1 through 6-4 but who knows.

c) Were these pages accidentally omitted from the Preview Plans
package by Van's (or their printer)?

I realize that Van's is excellent about answering issues like this
but I figure that I should leave their precious time to people that
have started drilling and cutting rather than just evaluating like me.

Doug MacDonald
RV-4 dreamer
NW Ontario, Canada

Do not archive

joeb116(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: RV-4 Preview plan questions Reply with quote

I hope this hasn't been answered yet. The figure number refers to the figure as depicted in your preview plans. For example, on page 6-20 you are referred to figure 6.18 for rolling the rudder leading edge. Figure 6.18 is directly below it on the page. Everything you get with the kit is the same pages again, for example Chapter 6 for the empenage, along with the drawings which you reference placement and measurements. The large prints are identical to the small ones in the back of your book, drawings 3a-9a for the empenage.

Joe, AI9Z
Grid: EN46no
RV-4, Empenage
Pounding rivets...

To: rv-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:07:05 AM
Subject: RV-4 Preview plan questions

--> RV-List message posted by: MacDonald Doug <dougsnash(at)yahoo.com (dougsnash(at)yahoo.com)>

Hey guys, I have recently started going through my RV-4 (Nov 08 vintage) preview plans. I am kind of following along as though I were really building the plane. I am looking through section 6 which is the assembly of the empanage group. The assembly instructions reference DWG numbers which I have figured out with no problem. Where I am having issues is that it is referencing figure numbers that I don't seem to have. I have Fig 6-1 through fig 6-4 but don't have Fig 6-5 through 6-11 that are mentioned in the assembly instructions.

My question is:

a) Are these figures not included because these are just the Preview Plans and are therefore included in the final plans?

b) Are the "missing" figures buried elsewhere in the plans and even though I have looked, I just haven't found them yet? I would think they would be located with the 6-1 through 6-4 but who knows.

c) Were these pages accidentally omitted from the Preview Plans package by Van's (or their printer)?

I realize that Van's is excellent about answering issues like this but I figure that I should leave their precious time to people that have started drilling and cutting rather than just evaluating like me.

Doug MacDonald
RV-4 dreamer
NW Ontario, Canada

Do not archive
The new Internet Explorer® 8 - Faster, safer, easier. Optimized for Yahoo! Get it Now for Free! at com/Navigator?RV-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-Listhttp://www.matronics.com/contribution[/url]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: