Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cockpit Mirrors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigerAirshows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Cockpit Mirrors Reply with quote

Fellow Listers C

A while back I saw cockpit mirrors listed on the internet for the use of formation flying that worked in the Yak 52.   Anyone know of these and wonder how or if it would adapt to the Yak 55M?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Best regards C Mark Sorenson 678-GO-FLY-HI

Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try Bing now. [quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Cockpit Mirrors Reply with quote

That bees me that advertised. I pulled my ad off Barnstormers because I ran out of old new stock. I do have a a new mirror prototype up and working but the mount fabrication is labor-intensive and will drive up the cost. In between all my other projects I'm trying to engineer a cheaper solution. My Engineering Soul is that of the Minimalist, an old school view that has fallen out of favor in modern times. Meanwhile I have the suction cup mirror, not as elegant but it works one flight at a time ... and it's cheap.

Most of my intellectual energy has been an upgrade to the auto plug conversion, it's a new boost coil cable setup and wiring back plate for each magneto that seals out "goop" and cleans up the snakes nest of wires going into each mag. Sourcing the components consumes more effort that the concept phase.

However my main problem seems to be that each day's effort seems to come to an abrupt halt at Happy Hour. So goes the life of an old Jarhead, still headed down to the club after duty....

http://home.joimail.com/~cpayne1/

Craig Payne
cpayne(at)joimail.com (cpayne(at)joimail.com)

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

aerobaticgirl(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Cockpit Mirrors Reply with quote

In the T34C we flew with them all the time, very simple installation, but I never used them for formation, only for fighting wing, basically for checking six. Only real formation aspect would be a straight ahead rejoin to make sure he isn't going to run up your ass without you knowing it.

Smash

--- On Tue, 9/1/09, Mark Sorenson <captainsorenson(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

Quote:
Subject: Cockpit Mirrors
To: "Yak List" <yak-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 1, 2009, 2:07 PM

#yiv1407366558 .hmmessage P
{
margin:0px;padding:0px;}
#yiv1407366558 {
font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}

Fellow Listers,

A while back I saw cockpit mirrors listed on the internet
for the use of formation flying that worked in the Yak
52.   Anyone know of these and wonder how or if it
would adapt to the Yak 55M?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Best regards,
Mark Sorenson
678-GO-FLY-HI

Get back to school stuff for them and cashback
for you. Try
Bing now.

cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Cockpit Mirrors Reply with quote

That is "Formation Mirrors", not Cockpit Mirrors. Even though, yes, they are in the cockpit. The mirrors I sell (sold) are Wide Angle type and allow the user to look at Lead while seeing one's own wingman and/or whomever is flying in the slot at the same time.

For Lead, both wingman can be seen in their place (of course!) while scanning for traffic. You can also monitor the progress of someone crossing over as well. Have you ever wondered, Where did that guy go? With the mirrors you can plainly see when someone gets locked in the wing wash.

Did I mention that the GIB can be watched as well? All this for a paltry sum, but wait there's more.....

Craig Payne

TigerAirshows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 am    Post subject: Cockpit Mirrors Reply with quote

Hi Smash C

Your right. I don't plan on using them for formation actually.  That is just how they were advertised C so I thought it would help jog someone's memory.  What they might be good for is point rolls on the vertical.  Depending on your techniques of course.

Best regards C
Mark Sorenson 678-GO-FLY-HI

Quote:

Time: 02:12:46 PM PST US
Subject: Re: Cockpit Mirrors

In the T34C we flew with them all the time C very simple installation C but I never
used them for formation C only for fighting wing C basically for checking six.
Only real formation aspect would be a straight ahead rejoin to make sure he
isn't going to run up your ass without you knowing it.

Smash

--- On Tue C 9/1/09 C Mark Sorenson <captainsorenson(at)hotmail.com> wrote:

> From: Mark Sorenson <captainsorenson(at)hotmail.com>
> Subject: Cockpit Mirrors
> To: "Yak List" <yak-list(at)matronics.com>
> Date: Tuesday C September 1 C 2009 C 2:07 PM
>
>
>
> #yiv1407366558 .hmmessage P
> {
> margin:0px;padding:0px;}
> #yiv1407366558 {
> font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}
>
>
>
> Fellow Listers C
>
> A while back I saw cockpit mirrors listed on the internet
> for the use of formation flying that worked in the Yak
> 52. Anyone know of these and wonder how or if it
> would adapt to the Yak 55M?
>
> Thanks in advance for any info.
>
>
>
> Best regards C
> Mark Sorenson
> 678-GO-FLY-HI

HotmailŪ is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Try it now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: