Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Andair Fuel Valve Opportunties

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rv(at)thelefflers.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Andair Fuel Valve Opportunties Reply with quote

At Oshkosh, I took advantage of ordering an Andair FS202x7 fuel valve. I went to install it and found a few surprises. I wasn’t end the greatest of moods, since I just came back after being re-ended at a stop light a lunch. I’m ok and only the bumper cover was sacrificed. Anyways, back to the subject at hand. My first surprise was that I found a black anodized fascia plate. They charge extra and I didn’t order one. That didn’t bother me, since it would match the carbon fiber trim I plan on using in the interior.

I quickly looked at the plans and it stated to drill a 1.25” hole to mount remote selector. I did so and drew a set of perpendicular lines in preparation to drill holes to mount the selector and fascia plate. The remote selector and the fascia plate don’t use the same triangular mounting holes that the valve uses.

In studying the plans, it shows mounting the remote selector with the mounting brackets in a “x” configuration. I’ve included photos in this post and hope they come through well. They may shop up as attachments and may make my text look a little weird, since I’ve embedded them in the body of the email. I have higher resolution images if anyone wants them.

This is a copy of the install directions from Andair showing the “X” configuration of the selector plate.

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CA320B.7B4C2FA0[/img]

A quick glance at the fascia plate made it very apparent that if I mounted the selector plate per plans, I wasn’t going to be happy with the orientation of the text. For left and right to be positioned correctly, one hole had to be orientated forward on the tunnel cover.

[img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01CA320B.7B4C2FA0[/img]

This photo shows the remote selector per the plans install procedure. Notice the position of the left and right indents for the pointer.

[img]cid:image013.jpg(at)01CA320B.7B4C2FA0[/img]

If you attempt to center the mounting holes forward and aft, then the indent for the off position for the pointer will be off center.

[img]cid:image014.jpg(at)01CA320B.7B4C2FA0[/img]

If you align the selector so that the right and left indents are centered and the off indent is aligned on the aft centerline, none of the holes are aligned in any symmetrical fashion.

[img]cid:image015.jpg(at)01CA320B.7B4C2FA0[/img]

At this point, I think I’m going to wait until I mount the valve in the tunnel before attempting to drill the mounting holes for the remote selector. What caught me off guard and surprised me was that the mounting holes for the remote selector weren’t symmetrical. They’re not square, so when you turn it to correctly orientate the indents so that the pointer points at the left and right labels on the fascia plate it looks weird.

Since I hadn’t heard of this issue before, is this a new part from Andair? In looking at several other builder’s sites it appeared that these originally used a triangle mount just like the fuel valve. I’m curious as to what other’s have experienced?

Thanks,

Bob

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4414 (20090910) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.68 KB
 Viewed:  1278 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.44 KB

image002.jpg

image013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.41 KB

image013.jpg

image014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.58 KB

image014.jpg

image015.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.77 KB

image015.jpg

greghale

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Andair Fuel Valve Opportunties Reply with quote

I had installed the standard valve from Andair in my console. It had the 3 point attachment. I had to change the valve to the remote selector with the extension. The remote selector valve's cover plate is larger than the standard valve. This presented a big problem as I had already had the console covers wood grained. I had to very carefully enlarge the hole for the new valve. Also I noticed that the mounting holes were not standard in the layout. I placed the selector's cover on my console to locate the mounting screws and then drilled them. This was the best way for me to align the selector cover on my console.

Greg...

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: