Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muffler pics for Thom...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ces308

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Muffler pics for Thom... Reply with quote

Hi Thom / and Gang...

here are the pictures of the muffler...I do not have to remove the muffler to fold the wings... What does yours look like???

chris ambrose
M3X/Jab 74.0 hrs
N327CS

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

cold and gloomy 020.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.04 MB
 Viewed:  2672 Time(s)

cold and gloomy 020.JPG

cold and gloomy 019.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  986.61 KB

cold and gloomy 019.JPG

cold and gloomy 017.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  800.83 KB

cold and gloomy 017.JPG

Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:15 am    Post subject: Re: Muffler pics for Thom... Reply with quote

Thanks for the photos, Chris. It appears that our exhaust systems are virtually identical.

Now that I look at these photos I see why you can fold your wings and I can't fold mine without removing the muffler. The aft end of the Slingshot, because it is a tandem seat arrangement is much narrower than the side-by-side seating arrangement. Therefore the pivot points on the wing fold hinges are much closer together and inboard of the outer ends of the muffler. When you fold the wings the aileron torque tubes rise well above the muffler bottom. If the hinge points and torque tubes are outboard of the muffler ends they will clear the muffler. On the narrower SS the folded wings are much closer together and thus interfere with the muffler when folded.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:36 am    Post subject: Re: Muffler pics for Thom... Reply with quote

Chris,

I forgot to post a photo of my muffler. Here it is before I had the prop refinished. The prop is now natural color with polyurethane coating with inlaid leading edge protection instead of that peel-away-in-the-rain black coating shown in this photo.

Jabiru Engine Rt Rear.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  2.31 MB
 Viewed:  2630 Time(s)

Jabiru Engine Rt Rear.JPG

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: