Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kolb factory participation vs "barnyard engineering&quo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jadamson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:57 pm    Post subject: Kolb factory participation vs "barnyard engineering&quo Reply with quote

I'll admit, first off, that I'm pretty new to this list and maybe am getting the wrong impression on a couple of things. I've followed the Zenith list religiously for a few years now, and that's my only real basis for comparison.

I hear you guys talking about the various mods you're doing to your airplanes and I can't help but wonder if they're approved by the engineering types that are still supporting the various Kolb designs. Or if they're just someone's idea of a better mousetrap, however well-intentioned they may be. And the uninformed may grab the idea & run with it, not realizing there's no engineering behind it at all!

I used to hear the Zenith folks talk about these kinds of mods (changing ribs, strengthening this or that, etc) in terms of what Chris Heinz (designer) endorsed .. or didn't. Guess I got used to paying attention to what were "approved mods" and what were not.

So, do any of the Kolb folks ever get involved in these discussions?

Sorry if I'm being an old curmudgeon. I've just seen a few guys crater after making some mod or other without a clue as to strength of materials, tension, shear or any of the other topics from the engineering world. Hate it when that happens!

You guys wouldn't do that kinda thing, would you?? Smile Hope I'm not talking out of turn here. For all I know - and I'm still learning - there may be a dozen Kolb engineers on this list that just aren't identified as such. If so, I'll be embarrassed ... and much relieved!

Thanks ..
John A. (TX)

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: