Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CJ-6 Autopilots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emu21(at)sbcglobal.net

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: CJ-6 Autopilots Reply with quote

Hey you guys that have autopilots in your CJ's, which one do you recommend,
and can any radio shop install?
Ron Kalemba
224-558-8173 Cell
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: CJ-6 Autopilots Reply with quote

I have the EZ Autopilot. Thanks to advise from "BJ" , it took me 3 hours to install! Most of that was wiring. The price wasn't to bad at all and so far product support has been good to excellent.

For long cross countries this is great. I've been arriving more rested and I been able to - fold and un-fold charts, get weather, look up this or that, contemplate different courses, and even just enjoy the sights.  On a leg home from OSH there year I ran into some nasty weather ( low vis and rain). I was able to let the auto pilot do the straight and level stuff, while I watched out for the rain and worked my way around the storm. ATC was a big help. I don't XM weather YET!

I am pleased with it with one caveat. Earlier this year I was able to get (for fee) the altitude control and servo from an a guy whose seaplane took an underwater dip in a fresh water lake near here. I sent it out to Trio and they replaced a number of items. I've put it in but I am having problems with it (which I am not sure is ME or the something else from possible water damage). Anyway I have not had enough flights with it too figure out what's wrong.
The link to their web site.

http://www.trioavionics.com/index.htm

I think it was a good investment for me.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: