Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SNF 2010

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:23 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

Last year's Sun 'n Fun attendees may recall the total mess caused by ash from a recent burning: clouds of black soot with every startup. Even driving a car over the surface raised a black cloud that stuck to everything.As I discovered today, there still is ash inside my airplane, under the cockpit area.

When hopefully, it will be different this year. Today the grass was burned, as it usually is in January. The grass should be more hospitable. On Thursday through Sunday of the event, the Thunderbirds will be back.

For us (ex) Green and Navy Blue suiters, it's them guys with the airplanes that can't touch an F-18. You know, the guys that don't get the concept of a "short field". Squat to Piss; Flare to Land....:>)

Craig Payne

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

Craig,
I just depends on where you see the pipper. On the back of your head if you are an 18 driver or through the HUD if you are a Viper driver.
Doc

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

DOC DOC.... I AGREE!

What you say does indeed happen all the time ... At least on the Flight
Line. We ALWAYS park you guys in back!

It's only fair to give USAF pilots at least one chance in life to see
the Hornet from that perspective.

Couple that with pilots that think a "hook" is something to hang your
clothes from, and the outcome is 100% predictable.

Next comes politics and gun control.

Have a nice day,

Bad Bullets... OUT

--

jetj01(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

The only scenario I'd rather be in a Hornet rather than a Viper is landing on boat, hook and all. For an air to air knife fight, unless you are dumb enough to get slow (The Hornets game), a Viper will win every time.  A Hornet is a compromise between the needs of the aviator and the need to land on a boat. That's from personal experience. Sorry.

P.S. Another exception, if I'm over the pond and lose an engine, I'd rather be in a Hornet!

Jj

In a message dated 1/13/2010 4:51:48 P.M. Central Standard Time, mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil writes:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV Det Cherry Point, MALS-14 64E" <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil>

DOC DOC.... I AGREE!

Have a nice day,

Bad Bullets... OUT

--

cpayne(at)joimail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

Well alrighty now! The usual suspects rose and took the bait. Am I wrong in saying that in Red Flag competition, it has really been Canadian pilots and the CF-18 that has kicked butt??

What is this "Viper" crap. I believe that the pentagon refers to these F-16 assets as the "Fighting Falcon". As all of us vets know, the Pentagon is Never Wrong. Kinda like the Fonz in Happy Days.

Craig Payne

jetj01(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

Shame shame Craig, you mentioned the P word and fighting type airplanes in the same sentence. No soup for you, one year! As a non-vol staff weenie P word veteran (I should have got combat pay there!), I pretend it never happened and was thankful to escape back to the cockpit and another 2000 hours....thank God! And you bring up our friends to the North????  Great warriors but woefully under funded with archaic equipment.

Jj

In a message dated 1/13/2010 6:51:53 P.M. Central Standard Time, cpayne(at)joimail.com writes:
Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: Cpayne <cpayne(at)joimail.com>

Well alrighty now! The usual suspects rose and took the bait. Am I wrong in saying that in Red Flag competition, it has really been Canadian pilots and the CF-18 that has kicked butt??

What is this "Viper" crap. I believe that the pentagon refers to these F-16 assets as the "Fighting Falcon". As all of us vets know, the Pentagon is Never Wrong. Kinda like the Fonz in Happy Days.

Craig ========================e ties Day ================================================ - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ================================================ - List Contribution Web Site sp;   ===================================================

[quote][b]

ph451(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

Assuming you survive to even get to the merge.

--- On Wed, 1/13/10, jetj01(at)aol.com <jetj01(at)aol.com> wrote:
[quote]
Subject: Re: SNF 2010
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 11:02 PM

The only scenario I'd rather be in a Hornet rather than a Viper is landing on boat, hook and all. For an air to air knife fight, unless you are dumb enough to get slow (The Hornets game), a Viper will win every time. A Hornet is a compromise between the needs of the aviator and the need to land on a boat. That's from personal experience. Sorry.

P.S. Another exception, if I'm over the pond and lose an engine, I'd rather be in a Hornet!

Jj

In a message dated 1/13/2010 4:51:48 P.M. Central Standard Time, mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil writes:
[quote]--> Yak-List message posted by: "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV Det Cherry Point, MALS-14 64E" <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil>

DOC DOC.... I AGREE!

Have a nice day,

Bad Bullets... OUT

--

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject: SNF 2010 Reply with quote

Trash,
You date yourself. We have a radar that can reach out and find you as well as AMRAMS to make for a truly bad BVR day not to mention the newest AiM 9 for that sort of up close and personal moment. All of which I would not want to be on the receiving end of.
Now as for the knife fight in the phone booth with our big mouths to feed that big 220 end result is generally not to satisfying for the opponent. But the real question is if you maintain your smash, can see and kill BVR then why get in the phone booth where 180 deg of turn makes your fight the focus of someone else’s attention?
Why is the F-16 called the Viper? Just because Gen Creech said he would not have one of his two premier fighters named after a “damned snake” does not mean that she would not be nicknamed Viper for that “damned snake.” Viper was the overwhelming choice for her by the fighter community at the time. It was Creech that over-ruled the overwhelming choice of the fighter squadrons. So, as one of the original Viper babies, we showed him. She is still affectionately known as the “Viper. Fighting Falcon is the official Gen Creech AF name but Viper is her real name.
That Is my story and I’m sticking to it my “jarhead” friend.
Doc

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Paul Hamlin
Sent: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:24 PM

Assuming you survive to even get to the merge.

--- On Wed, 1/13/10, jetj01(at)aol.com <jetj01(at)aol.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 11:02 PM
The only scenario I'd rather be in a Hornet rather than a Viper is landing on boat, hook and all. For an air to air knife fight, unless you are dumb enough to get slow (The Hornets game), a Viper will win every time. A Hornet is a compromise between the needs of the aviator and the need to land on a boat. That's from personal experience. Sorry.

Jj

[quote]
--> Yak-List message posted by: "Bitterlich, Mark G CIV Det Cherry Point, MALS-14 64E" <mark.bitterlich(at)navy.mil>

DOC DOC.... I AGREE!

Have a nice day,

Bad Bullets... OUT

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: