Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From BFM back to Formation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacloudchaser(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: From BFM back to Formation Reply with quote

Whew, that was sounding like a well written Tom Clancey novel on Air Campaigning - certainly lots of solid knowledge on all subjects here.

Anyone know the longest formation flight?  In 1998 I flew a flight of AC-130U gunpigs for a 36 hour non stop trans pacific formation with 7 inflight refuelings from Hurlburt Fielf FL to K2 Korea at T-37 speeds with full guncrews and weapon loadsto prove a point about getting to the fight without breaking down in Margaritteville - the closest we could find in mission planning was in fact AC-130Hs non stop formation in Desert One to Guam back in 80 at 24 hours, but figured the old SAC crews did some long duration gaggles.  AFSOC rightly keeps things quiet - was this a guiness run (what the bombers do in Iraq?).    

I'm sure we as a group have some good "There I was..." recaps from flying so actively the last ten years...here or in the newsletter....I was in a flight of L-39s flying extendeed trail last year and we had a little inflight issue that potentially threatened to FOD the only motor, for sake of position, and the fact that with this issue lead would provide nothing as chase except marking point of impact, leads SA at that moment, and apparently a front seat GPS that wouldn't caugh up the data, we had the other guy lead us quickly in to the closest field, it had a moderately short strip.  Out in front 15 seconds, suprisingly to me, he landed and got on the brakes.  Hmmm, would you have landed if you were leading in this one?   

By the way, I was at Waycross and heard someone yell "aircraft on short final gear - gear!", that was a well executed mutual support save - way to check your friends!

If anyone has recently installed these and has the approximate cost for the oil filter kit and drain kit, could you email off list?  A guy is selling a beautiful CJ and has neither of these,

Drew 

Yahoo! Mail goes everywhere you do. [url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=31132/*http://mobile.yahoo.com/services?promote=mail] Get it on your phone[/url].

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: