Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

503 Oil Injection update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom Jones

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: 503 Oil Injection update Reply with quote

I finished the retro fit of an oil injection for my Kitfox a while back and finally we have good weather to test it out. Yesterday I went up and burned three gallons of gas mixed 100:1 to make sure it was working. Today burned my first tank of straight gas. It appears to be using about 60 or 70:1. maybe it's just me but the little 503 seems to run smoother with the injection. I'm happy not to be premixing fuel any more!

Attached are some pictures from the test flight. I had another mission to check out a route to take snowmobiling tomorrow.

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

Manastash Ridge.jpg.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.53 KB
 Viewed:  2364 Time(s)

Manastash Ridge.jpg.jpg

L T Murray.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  91.49 KB

L T Murray.jpg

Rocky Prairrie.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  79.46 KB

Rocky Prairrie.jpg

Mt. Rainier.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.13 KB

Mt. Rainier.jpg

Self portrait.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.5 KB

Self portrait.jpg

Ellensburg, WA
dave

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 503 Oil Injection update Reply with quote

Tom, great report .

I get same 65 to 1 on average with injection.

pre mix you run 50 to 1 all the time -- no wonder pushers complain about residue on their tails lol

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Most viewed Kitfox on youtube
Most popular on youtube
Highest rated on youtube
Tom Jones

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: 503 Oil Injection update Reply with quote

FWIW, the oil injection system parts are very expensive. About $800 if you buy all new stuff. The pump is $285 new. I found a pump taken off a new engine for half price from a guy that didn't trust oil injection. The tank with low oil warning capability, cap, lines, and filter are off a 99 Ski Doo Skandic from ebay for $20. New from rotax is about $200. The manifolds are "recycled" from CPS for half price.

After I started collecting parts it became evident there are quite a few Rotax oil injection parts sitting on shelves owned by people that don't trust the system or for some reason think it is too heavy and robs power.

Tank parts.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.63 KB
 Viewed:  2330 Time(s)

Tank parts.jpg

Pump.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  78.17 KB
 Viewed:  2330 Time(s)

Pump.jpg

Ellensburg, WA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: