Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Russians vs. Smash....again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aerobaticgirl(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Russians vs. Smash....again Reply with quote

Mark -

This was written in reference to NEW equipment and actions of both nations SINCE the end of the Cold War, and based on our tactics and how we employ and oh yeah.....the fact that they just don't have the DOD budget that we do.

Smash

Bitterlich GS11 Mark G <BitterlichMG(at)cherrypoint.usmc.mil> wrote:
Quote:

Sarah Tobin [aerobaticgirl(at)yahoo.com]wrote:  

>The new Suk will only be a threat to the US and Brits if
Quote:
US and/or Brit pilots are flying them.  Russia does not
have the resourses to fly and train the way we do and are
therefore not effective with their technology. 

And I am sure that every American and British pilot past and present would
agree with your assessment, with the possible exception of those that
actually DID go 1 V 1 with Russians in Korea and were subsequently shot down.
Hmmm.... a few in Vietnam also came to that same conclusion. 

How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
BitterlichMG(at)cherrypoi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Russians vs. Smash....again Reply with quote

Smash, et. al.,
My comments were written based on previous factual history where the Russians were flying against some of the best pilots in the world and still managed to come out on top. (WW-II)  The fact that it is only now coming out that during Korea, a large amount of our losses came not from Korean pilots, but from some of the best Russian pilots available. And, that it is just now starting to be known that during Vietnam, when we suffered one heck of a lot of losses, we were once again going up against Russian pilots. 
I was not around for WW-II or Korea.  I was in Vietnam.  The briefings we got (in premise) matched a lot of what you are speaking of today. We later learned from getting our asses shot to hell there at the beginning that somebody was a lot better than they were supposed to be, and we weren't as good as we THOUGHT we were. 
Now we are at the end of the Cold War.  The Russians are not even supposed to HAVE a budget, let alone much else... but even with this "known good Intell", they have managed to produce an aircraft with unbelievable performance parameters, and it is a ton cheaper to produce than the F-22 thank you very much. 
But... you say that once again our tactics and our budget will rule the day. Why?  Because someone told you so. 
Ok... so we are at an impasse.  You believe we rule all that we survey.  I am a LOT more cautious.  I hope it never comes to finding out which one of us is right or wrong... and that we continue to put our best up against Third World nations and pat ourselves on the back for kicking their asses. 
Mark Bitterlich
N50YK

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

aerobaticgirl(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Russians vs. Smash....again Reply with quote

Bitterlich GS11 Mark G <BitterlichMG(at)cherrypoint.usmc.mil> wrote:
Quote:
  I was in Vietnam.  The briefings we got (in premise) matched a lot of what you are speaking of today. We later learned from getting our asses shot to hell there at the beginning that somebody was a lot better than they were supposed to be, and we weren't as good as we THOUGHT we were. 

- Unfortunately you also had idiots in Washington calling alot of your targets too, that is not the way to fight a war, let pilots do what pilots KNOW how to do.

The Russians are not even supposed to HAVE a budget, let alone much else... but even with this "known good Intell", they have managed to produce an aircraft with unbelievable performance parameters, and it is a ton cheaper to produce than the F-22 thank you very much. 

- Got no argument from me there, I think it's a waste and you can add the JSF to the list of wasted money if you ask me.

But... you say that once again our tactics and our budget will rule the day. Why?   You believe we rule all that we survey.   

- Never said we were perfect, just that we are the best...just like our form of government...it ain't perfect, but it's the best there is in the world.

Smash

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make [url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman2/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com] PC-to-Phone Calls[/url] using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: