Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fire Fly Flaps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lhaggerty(at)tampabay.rr.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Fire Fly Flaps Reply with quote

I can't seem to find airspeed limits when using flaperons, anyone.??? Pete
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
beauford

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Fire Fly Flaps Reply with quote

Pete:
I am not aware of any aileron droop speed restrictions on the FF. I cannot find any in the builder's manual.

Given the small amount of droop possible with the design, I feel comfortable not being concerned
about an absolute IAS number...I cannot detect very much trim change in my FF whether they are up or down and have never had a problem dropping the droop at any reasonable pattern speed. So far nothing has bent or come off of mine.

Then too, as practical matter, there are a lot of variables in various airspeed plumbing/static installations, sizes of aileron chord, etc. on individual Flys.  IAS accuracy varies from Fly to Fly...  Aileron loads can vary based on 15 inch, 9 inch, or whatever you happen to have on yours.  

If you really want to see if there is a definitive answer to your question, suggest you call the Kolb folks
or contact Dennis Souder. I believe he pretty much designed the FF and did the test flying on it... If there is a number, betcha Dennis would know.

Worth what ye paid fer it...

drooped beauford
FF-076
Brandon, FL
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 21:40:44 -0400
Subject: Fire Fly Flaps
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com

I can't seem to find airspeed limits when using flaperons, anyone.???  Pete
Quote:

ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
ronics.com
ww.matronics.com/contribution

The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. Get busy. [quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: