Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel pump rebuild

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob10(at)tlb.sympatico.ca

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Fuel pump rebuild Reply with quote

Hi all, anyone knows the part number for a rebuild kit for the fuel pump on a 912 and a good place to buy it?
thanks
Jack
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Roger Lee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump rebuild Reply with quote

No rebuild kit for the mechanical 912 pump. It is sealed. You have to buy the pump.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: Fuel pump rebuild Reply with quote

Jack,
You will have to buy a new pump. They come with or without the hoses.As you are going to have to buy a new pump anyway check out the new "billet pump" It is a far better quality pump made for the 912/914. I saw them at Sun-n-Fun. There is no doubt that this is the pump I will get when mine craps out ! It is made in the USA,smaller than the original pump. It has no diaphragm,valves,rocker arm,or gaskets. It is made of hardcoated 6061-T6 aluminimun with stainless steel internal parts. It only flows as much fuel as the engine requires. The 912 pump is $368.00 and the 914 $396.00 If interested the outfit is: Corbi Air INC, Salem ,Ohio 877-267-2424.
      Dick Maddux
      Fox 4
      Milton,Fl
[quote][b]

taildragon(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Fuel pump rebuild Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]-->

"... when mine craps out !..." Do these fail all at once or gradually? Are there any warning symptoms that the pump is about to fail?
[quote] ---

vetdrem

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:30 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel pump rebuild Reply with quote

I just installed the second new pump on my 912. At about 120 hr. run time, I noticed a small amount of gas at the vent hole on the bottom side of the diaphragm. Nothing to do except write a check for $182 (includes shipping) to get a new one. I wasn't flying the Kitfox much at the time, and after about 75 hrs and over a years time on that pump, it started leaking again. I called Pam at Leading Edge Air Foils to order a new one and to complain loudly. She sold me a new one and had me fill out the paperwork for a warranty claim. It was well beyond the warranty period, but she was able to get the factory to cover it.

The two points that I learned from this is, 1) a pump is good for about 100 hours on my airplane, and 2) buy from Pam at LEAF, she will do what ever she can to make things right.

Louie

KeysFox

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Fuel pump rebuild Reply with quote

A friend who works with one of the light sport factories mentioned that
Rotax has been seeing failures of fuel pumps on new engines recently. My
bet is Rotax will get it sorted out fairly quickly, in the mean time there
may be some failure prone units within the delivery system.
As an aside, the fuel pump on my senior citizen 912 lasted over 15 years
when it developed a small oil leak which the folks at Lockwood picked up
on instantly.
B Jones
Kitfox IV
N154K
Kitfox-List message posted by: "vetdrem" <vetdrem(at)hotmail.com>
Quote:

I just installed the second new pump on my 912. At about 120 hr. run
time, I noticed a small amount of gas at the vent hole on the bottom side
of the diaphragm. Nothing to do except write a check for $182 (includes
shipping) to get a new one. I wasn't flying the Kitfox much at the time,
and after about 75 hrs and over a years time on that pump, it started
leaking again. I called Pam at Leading Edge Air Foils to order a new one
and to complain loudly. She sold me a new one and had me fill out the
paperwork for a warranty claim. It was well beyond the warranty period,
but she was able to get the factory to cover it.

The two points that I learned from this is, 1) a pump is good for about
100 hours on my airplane, and 2) buy from Pam at LEAF, she will do what
ever she can to make things right.

Louie

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=295379#295379

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: