Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone use D-sub connectors to connect instrument module?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparigoris

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:20 pm    Post subject: Anyone use D-sub connectors to connect instrument module? Reply with quote

Has anyone mounted D-sub connectors flush with bottom of instrument module, outboard near fuse to aid install and removal? (Male plug lives on fuse harness, female plug lives on bottom outboard of instrument module)

What sort of shells did you use? 90 degree, 45 degree or straight for wires coming in from fuse?

Any pics of hook up from fuse to instrument module would be appreciated.

Thx.
Ron Parigoris

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
rampil

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone use D-sub connectors to connect instrument module Reply with quote

I think the dbs on the panel module should be male instead of female as you propose. After all, the module is inserted into the fuse!!

Actually, I used CPC connectors because they are engineered for
applications like this and are far more rugged

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

rparigoris

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone use D-sub connectors to connect instrument module Reply with quote

Hi Ira

Thx. for the reply.

Did you mount CPC connector on the bottom of the instrument module?

Did you install on both left and right sides of instrument module to accept fuse wires?

Thx.
Ron Parigoris

rampil

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone use D-sub connectors to connect instrument module Reply with quote

I have three CPCs, left right and center tunnel.

I am not sure what you are referring to as "fuse" wires. Do you mean
thin wires ala Nuckolls? Why would you put them in a plastic connector
when if they actually overload, they flame and melt.

Although I did put two sets of those fusible wires in my plane to
protect my two ammeters. If I have to do it again, I'd use auto blade
fuses for access and serviceability.

rparigoris

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Anyone use D-sub connectors to connect instrument module Reply with quote

Hi Ira

"I have three CPCs, left right and center tunnel."
How do you get to your left and right CPCs?
Are they located inside instrument module where with instrument module in place and front panel inserts removed you access CPCs inside instrument module? If this is the case are they mounted to instrument module or firewall?
Or are CPCs mounted to bottom of instrument module where they are accessed from the bottom of instrument module (could access with instrument module and front panels in place)?

Sorry for confusing, when I mentioned fuse wires I was referring to fuselage wires, we have a bundle on the port side and also on starboard that needs to get into instrument module, low amperage stuff for the most part (nothing to do with fusible links), fuselage wires for:
*switches on sticks
*fuel flow transducers (2)
*fuel gage sender
*stabilator antiservo servo
*aileron servo
*E-Bus and always Hot-bus that live resident on back of starboard headrest need to plumb electron flow into instrument module
*airspeed switch for gear warning
*D10a magnitometer
*20% throttle reed switch
*gear down latch reed switch

ron Parigoris

rampil

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone use D-sub connectors to connect instrument module Reply with quote

My CPCs are mounted on the forward lateral bottoms of the IM.
The center tunnel CPC is mounted forward bottom, above the port
side of the tunnel.
The "fuse" connectors are short pigtailed from the wall of the fuselage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: