Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to fly to MV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frank.goodnight(at)att.ne

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Trying to fly to MV Reply with quote

Hi all,
Just got back from my trip to MV Amost got there! Even though I didn"t go all the way the trip was a good one.
Met three really nice people, Will Uribe, and Mike and Jan marker. stayed one night with each. Received good advice
from each of them. The weather was bad in south Texas Sun so I planed to trailer to El Paso and fly from there,
When I got to El Paso Will advised me to trailer on to Los Lunas, NM where I planed to meet and stay the night with
Mike and Jan They fed me and gave me a really confortable bed. The next morning Mike checked the weather for me
and said conditions were about as good as they were ever going to be, so I took off . The A/C preforming ok if not up to its usual standards.
All my flying is done from flat land where the average airport is 35 ft above sea level.I had some issues with DA and
a heavy air plane that I thought I understood , but really didn"t. to make my long story shorter, the end result was
that I drug a wing tip at St Johns , Az damaged my plane slightly and ended my trip.I did get in a few high alt landings--Grants--Gallup--Window rock--and a poor one at St Johns. Oh almost forgot at window rock airport I
had to walk to town to get fuel, while I was gone someone stole my radio.but they did leave my headset and gps.
Maybe next year will bring better luck for everyone .
Frank Goodnight
Brownsville, TX
firestar 2
PS--I belive my mishap at St Johns was caused by , nerves , heavy airplane , high DA , and lack of expereance in
flying at higher altitudes.

[img]cid:1274729286794(at)dclient.mail.yahoo.com[/img]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

--static--liam_party_bottomright.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  9.63 KB
 Viewed:  2789 Time(s)

--static--liam_party_bottomright.jpg

Jimmy Young

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to fly to MV Reply with quote

Frank,

You get a big at-a-babe from me for trying.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

John Hauck

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Trying to fly to MV Reply with quote

> You get a big at-a-babe from me for trying.
Quote:

--------
Jimmy Young

Gang:

Frank got his first taste of real western Rockie flying.

I'll give him a hearty pat on the back. He has a true sense of adventure,
an attribute necessary for that type flying.

I am proud of you.

john h

Titus, Alabama
willuribe(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Trying to fly to MV Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

Glad to hear you are back home and resting.
There is always next year and if work doesn't get in the way I'll fly with you to MV.

Regards,
Will Uribe
El Paso, TX
FireStar II

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: