Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dangerous or just scary, sorry Richard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vitalfx0(at)qwest.net

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Dangerous or just scary, sorry Richard Reply with quote

Tim had told me of 150 pound failure. I saw your post after I sent my message. Sorry!!!! 180 lbs.!!!!!!!! It just goes to show you even a tool from a manufacture can be out of adjustment
`I don't care if you can't afford the proper tools and borrow them, don't take for granted, that no matter where you get the tool, whether it be Boeing, Grumman or who ever, even when you buy a new tool, if it involves a calibration to make a cretin task to a specification and there is a specified performance, then check to see if the tool is working correctly. Hang your body from a swaged cable? What kind of test is that? was that a flying wire? Is this how you tested your gap sill? The parasol airplane I mentioned in my post yesterday had 5 boxed .028 4130 tubing sections in the rear of the airframe each of the 4 boxed sides were Xed with 1/16 7x7 stainless cable. breaking strength of the cable is 480 lbs, there was no tool available to squeeze the sedges so close to the corner of the box, so I had to fabricate my own tool as I did not use any turnbuckles to tension each cable in the box. I made a tool to squeeze to the proper size and then did a stress test on the cable. the cable broke well past the 480 pound specification and the single nicco's at each end of the cable still in tact.
ultralight people assume that an ultralight sets the standard for anything that fly's. Bubble gum bailing wire and hose clamps. again sorry for the 150 lbs I stand corrected. And also sorry about where you get your tools from and how you assume they are correct for the job as a result of where you get them, then have that affect your opinion rather than look for sound engendering information.

Why I bought my Kolb in the first place( besides Milow) was the fact that it wasn't just an ultralight it was made like a plane. a small light aircraft. after all,,,, that is what building your own airplane is all about Learning and Having fun. Not brow beaten with stupid opinions..... when I first got my plane and started posting, I looked forward to sharing information and looking at what others were doing with their plane. now I just want to build in peace and not have every nut and bolt scrutinized,,,,,,,,, Maybe even fly?
Craig Nelson
MKIIIEX 912 uls
warp drive
DO NOT ARCHIVE DO NOT ARCHIVE DO NOT ARCHIVE DO NOT ARCHIVE DO NOT ARCHIVE DO NOT ARCHIVE

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: