Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

prop hub questoin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cwehner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: prop hub questoin Reply with quote

We're about ready to install the GSC 3-bladed prop on our 912 on a KFIV. Is the aluminum backing plate (in the center of the attached photo) used in this installation?

thanks

CHris
KF-IV
Oklahoma

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

IMG_0874.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.14 MB
 Viewed:  4841 Time(s)

IMG_0874.JPG

Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:53 am    Post subject: prop hub questoin Reply with quote

Chris,
I have a Warp Drive propeller with the same plate you have pictured. I attached the plate over the fiberglass "back plate" of my fiberglass spinner. As you look at the propeller standing in front of the plane, the prop goes on the engine propeller flange, the spinner back plate goes on the prop, then the aluminum plate goes on. Bolts are then slid in place torqued then saftied at the head (if yours is set up that way). Even with the aluminum spinner I used to have, it was done that way.
This is the way my setup is done. Yours might be different (i.e.: spinner backplate behind the prop hub)
I called Warp and they told me to definitely used that thick 3/8 inch (?) plate.
        Dick Maddux
        Fox 4
        Milton,Fl
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dwight purdy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: prop hub questoin Reply with quote

Dick
I am a little confused. I thought that is a crush plate, only for the front of all wood props. Never seen it used as a back plate.

Dwight Purdy
Model ll 503
[quote] ---

Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:10 am    Post subject: prop hub questoin Reply with quote

Dick
I am a little confused. I thought that is a crush plate, only for the
  front of all wood props. Never seen it used as a back plate.

Dwight Purdy
Model ll 503

Dwight,
I too was a little confused about this when I bought a larger spinner to replace my small 7inch aluminum spinner. I called Warp and they told me that yes indeed that plate needs to be on top of the spinner backplate. My new spinner was fiberglass so I can understand why the aluminum plate needs to be on there (the spinner instructions also said to use it) I guess it acts like a giant "fender washer' holding everything in place. Warp did say to use it on an aluminum one also (as mine had when I bought the aircraft)
        Dick
[quote][b]

Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 am    Post subject: prop hub questoin Reply with quote

Dick
I am a little confused. I thought that is a crush plate, only for the
front of all wood props. Never seen it used as a back plate.

Dwight Purdy
Model ll 503

Dwight,
  I too was a little confused about this when I bought a larger spinner to
replace my small 7inch aluminum spinner. I called Warp and they told me that
  yes indeed that plate needs to be on top of the spinner backplate. My new
spinner was fiberglass so I can understand why the aluminum plate needs to be
  on there (the spinner instructions also said to use it) I guess it acts like
a giant "fender washer' holding everything in place. Warp did say to use it
  on an aluminum one also (as mine had when I bought the aircraft)
      Dick

Dewight ,
Let me clarify this a bit. The back plate of my spinner goes on the front of the prop after the prop is mounted to the engine prop flange,then the flat crush plate,then the bolts are slid in place,saftied,spinner then attached. Some spinner back plates go behind the prop.
        Dick Maddux
        Milton,Fl

Do not archive
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: