Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVO Electronic CB report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennis.glaeser(at)hp.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:55 am    Post subject: IVO Electronic CB report Reply with quote

Bob,

I had the opportunity to put a scope on the circuit this past weekend. I sent a photo of the screen (jpg) file to your AeroElectric email address, because sending attachments to the Matronics list doesn't work. But I don't know if your email accepts attachments either. I can put the photo up on a website if necessary, let me know.

When the motor is running, the collector of Q103 sees 5V. When the limit current is reached, the voltage at the gate of Q114 drops in about 200ms.

Dennis Glaeser

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelect

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am    Post subject: IVO Electronic CB report Reply with quote

At 08:55 AM 6/8/2010, you wrote:
Quote:

<dennis.glaeser(at)hp.com>

Bob,

I had the opportunity to put a scope on the circuit this past
weekend. I sent a photo of the screen (jpg) file to your
AeroElectric email address, because sending attachments to the
Matronics list doesn't work. But I don't know if your email accepts
attachments either. I can put the photo up on a website if
necessary, let me know.

When the motor is running, the collector of Q103 sees 5V. When the
limit current is reached, the voltage at the gate of Q114 drops in about 200ms.

Yes, I saw your picture. I thought I had replied
and thanked you for the effort. In any case, you've
validated the paper-work that went into the design.
How do you plan to package the accessory? Others
on the List might find value in seeing how it
goes together.
Bob . . .

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dennis.glaeser(at)hp.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: IVO Electronic CB report Reply with quote

Yes, I saw your picture. I thought I had replied and thanked you for the effort. In any case, you've validated the paper-work that went into the design. How do you plan to package the accessory? Others on the List might find value in seeing how it goes together.
Bob . . .
----------------------

Great! I hadn't gotten a response (I'll have to check my junk filter) so I just wanted to be sure the picture hadn't disappeared into the ether. Murphy's Law has not yet been repealed.

The components were assembled on a Radio Shack circuit board. I bought a Radio Shack Project Box to put it in, thinking (foolishly, as it turns out) that the board would fit their box. I had to chop the board down to fit, so my previously nice and neat circuit board now looks rather ugly, but it still works. I will put some pictures up on a website in the near future showing what I did.

Dennis

Dennis Glaeser

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: IVO Electronic CB report Reply with quote

Here are pictures of my IVO circuit. I soldered the parts to the 'wrong' side of the board so that I didn't have to worry about unintended connections on the back side. The board looked very nice before I had to chop it down to fit in the project box. I've also attached a PDF showing Bob's circuit design and the physical arrangement of parts and connections I developed. I should have gotten the project box up front, and I could have easily placed the components closer on the board. Oh well.

Dennis

Board in Box.JPG
 Description:
In the box
 Filesize:  63.71 KB
 Viewed:  3887 Time(s)

Board in Box.JPG

Board Back.JPG
 Description:
Connections side of board
 Filesize:  52.33 KB
 Viewed:  3887 Time(s)

Board Back.JPG

Prop Circuit Layout.pdf
 Description:
Circuit design and layout

Download
 Filename:  Prop Circuit Layout.pdf
 Filesize:  39.32 KB
 Downloaded:  362 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: