Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jabiru 3300 Prop Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duanefamly(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Good day All,

I am mounting my Sensenich R642N Ground Adjustable prop to the engine flange and wanted to verify with those that have already accomplished this task if I am understanding the mounting procedure.
The spinner flange goes against the engine flange then the large aluminum mount goes on. These are held by six AN5-15A bolts inserted from the rear with a dual interlocking washer under the head, then another interlocking washer under the Nylock nut with all this torqued to 30 ft/lbs in sequence. Then the center adjusting hub and both prop blades are mounted with the front half of the aluminum mount. These are mounted with another six AN5-15A bolts with a dual interlocking washer under each head and torqued to 30 ft/lbs.
Am I understanding this correctly? Has anyone used Loctite on any of the threads? What about safety wire?.....wanted?......required?

Mike Duane
Europa XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru 3300
Sensenich Prop
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
paul.the.aviator(at)gmail

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Hi Mike,

I am not familiar with the Jab / Sensenich combination, but I can say that standard aviation practice is to safety wire the bolts.

Cheers,  Paul
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jimpuglise(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:53 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Paul-

This combination uses a prop extension on the engine. It is almost impossible to get your fingers down into it far enough to safety wire, so Jabiru has a procedure to use a specific brand of Locktite and a specified torque. The procedure and setup are outlined in the documentation furnished with the prop extension.

Jim Puglise A-283

---

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Mike-

Sorry, I saw Paul's response and added a comment to that. Are you using the prop extension furnished by Jabiru? I believe it is a requirement with your setup. I am using the 2 blade Sensenich ground adjustable with the 3300 but have not yet mounted the prop. The Jabiru people were adamant about adding the extension prior to mounting the prop. I have the extension on and have mounted my cowling. I am using the Canadian cowling and without the extension, the cowling would be about three inches too long. If you have questions regarding the combination, you should probably talk to Jim at Jabiru Pacific before proceeding.

Jim Puglise A-283

---

duanefamly(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Jim,

Thank you for ringing my bell about instructions.....it took me awhile but I finally remembered where I safely filed the paperwork. After reading the instructions, my recollections were correct.....but there is no mention on any Loctite......they just call for the use of lock nuts and "special" lock washers. But there is plenty of room behind the hub, with the cowls off, to safety wire the six bolts for the hub mount half and then wire the six bolts for the hub cover in the front. But in order to do this I will have to order replacement bolts in order to use safety wire.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Mike Duane

--

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Mike-

The instructions regarding the Locktite are with the prop extension. I am away from my office but will be home Friday and can send you a copy. Are you using the prop extension? That is the key. If you are not, you may want to talk to Jim before you proceed. I believe it is a requirement for this combination. Let me know if you need a copy of the instructios.

Jim Puglise A-283

---

Jeff(at)rmmm.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:02 am    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Mike,FYI: I have the same prop on my 912 S Europa. No safety wire no loctite. I remember when I bought my prop there was an article in one of the magazines about this prop and the ingenious lock washers they use. I now have over 150 hours on mine and every time I check the torque it's still perfect. I suppose the next time I have it off I'll add some thread lock but if experience is the teacher it's probably not needed.
Regards,

Jeff R. N128LJ Gold Rush

On Jun 28, 2010, at 11:16 PM, DuaneFamly(at)aol.com (DuaneFamly(at)aol.com) wrote:
[quote] Jim,

Thank you for ringing my bell about instructions.....it took me awhile but I finally remembered where I safely filed the paperwork. After reading the instructions, my recollections were correct.....but there is no mention on any Loctite......they just call for the use of lock nuts and "special" lock washers. But there is plenty of room behind the hub, with the cowls off, to safety wire the six bolts for the hub mount half and then wire the six bolts for the hub cover in the front. But in order to do this I will have to order replacement bolts in order to use safety wire.

Thanks for all the assistance.

Mike Duane

--

duanefamly(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 Prop Question Reply with quote

Good morning Jim,

Yes, I am using the prop extension. I swapped that out early on in the build. I remember safety wiring down inside was a bit of a reach. But I would appreciate a copy of the instructions to make sure I not missed anything. I also think that a call to Jim would cover all my concerns. This will also allow me to make initial contact with Jabiru since I purchased my engine and FWF kit from SunCoast in Florida and they are now dead and gone.
Thanks for all you help.

Mike

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: