Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DHS/ICE flyer distributed @ KHKY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RVSouthEast-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronschreck(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: DHS/ICE flyer distributed @ KHKY Reply with quote

I, for one am pleased to see that law enforcement is cracking down on drug smugglers. I don’t carry any drugs, other than a few aspirin, so I don’t think I need to worry. If I see someone who is conducting such suspicious activities, I will call law enforcement and collect $250. That will help defray the increasing cost of fuel. It’s a win-win situation! If you think that everyone who pilots an airplane is as honest as you, maybe you need to pull your head out of the sand.

Smokey

From: owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill Repucci
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 2:26 PM
To: eaa309(at)googlegroups.com
Subject: FW: DHS/ICE flyer distributed (at) KHKY

FYI – This just in from Al Bormuth who lives in the Hickory area.

In addition to the things Al has listed, I can find problems with most any of the bullets listed, such as:

<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>It is no one’s business but my own as to who I am, where I’m from, or where I’m going. I don’t always sign visitor logs, I guess that makes me a criminal.
<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>Since when is paying cash a crime?
<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>Many of the IT people I work with have multiple phones. For instance; 1. Personal cell phone, 2. Company cell Phone, 3. “On Call” cell phone
<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>How many times have one of you turned to your traveling companion and said, “Stay here, I’m heading to the bathroom and will be right back,” while your friend guards your plane?

This is total BS and Al has both AOPA and the EAA looking into it.

Have a great weekend.

Bill

Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 2:12 PM
To: bill(at)repucci.com

You’re probably committing suspicious activities when you go to the airport-

This has been passed on to the AOPA and EAA and they are looking into it J

They are casting a wide net for “suspicious” activities.
And, based on their history of maintaining high quality databases, we’re in trouble, especially when the ignorant local law enforcement officers apply these “indicators”.

The following was distributed (taped to walls, counters, left on tables, etc.) at the FBO (at) KHKY.

Some of these “Indicators of suspicious activity” are normal operating procedures.
- like dirty tires /undercarriages for those of us who fly off of/to/from grass strips
- like after hours refueling from self serve pumps
- like renting a hangar for our treasured airplane when we are a transient
- like having a nice portable GPS with an old airplane
And, my favorite-
- like excessive amounts of luggage (for my mother in law)

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB4B84.B3EE8270[/img]
[img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01CB4B84.B3EE8270[/img]

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  133.7 KB
 Viewed:  3099 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  20.6 KB

image002.jpg

vitez(at)carolina.rr.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: DHS/ICE flyer distributed @ KHKY Reply with quote

Ron,

You take $250.. I’ll keep the remainder of the $250,000 reward J

But seriously, this is clearly in response to the recent bust in Shelby (in the middle of the night)… it’s not really outrageous to ask people to keep their eyes open. As for “excessive luggage..” – well no one’s gonna turn you in if you bring your wife with you J

From: owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Ron Schreck
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 4:31 PM
To: rvsoutheast-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: RE: FW: DHS/ICE flyer distributed (at) KHKY

I, for one am pleased to see that law enforcement is cracking down on drug smugglers. I don’t carry any drugs, other than a few aspirin, so I don’t think I need to worry. If I see someone who is conducting such suspicious activities, I will call law enforcement and collect $250. That will help defray the increasing cost of fuel. It’s a win-win situation! If you think that everyone who pilots an airplane is as honest as you, maybe you need to pull your head out of the sand.

Smokey

From: owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill Repucci

In addition to the things Al has listed, I can find problems with most any of the bullets listed, such as:

<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>It is no one’s business but my own as to who I am, where I’m from, or where I’m going. I don’t always sign visitor logs, I guess that makes me a criminal.
<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>Many of the IT people I work with have multiple phones. For instance; 1. Personal cell phone, 2. Company cell Phone, 3. “On Call” cell phone
<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>How many times have one of you turned to your traveling companion and said, “Stay here, I’m heading to the bathroom and will be right back,” while your friend guards your plane?

Have a great weekend.

Bill

And, based on their history of maintaining high quality databases, we’re in trouble, especially when the ignorant local law enforcement officers apply these “indicators”.

The following was distributed (taped to walls, counters, left on tables, etc.) at the FBO (at) KHKY.

Some of these “Indicators of suspicious activity” are normal operating procedures.
- like dirty tires /undercarriages for those of us who fly off of/to/from grass strips
And, my favorite-

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB4B87.E2DAA840[/img]
[img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01CB4B87.E2DAA840[/img]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

image001.jpg
 Description:

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
 Description:

image002.jpg

ronschreck(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: DHS/ICE flyer distributed @ KHKY Reply with quote

Wow! Left a few decimal points off. That’s a LOT of gas!

Smokey

From: owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Radomir Zaric
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 4:49 PM

Ron,

But seriously, this is clearly in response to the recent bust in Shelby (in the middle of the night)… it’s not really outrageous to ask people to keep their eyes open. As for “excessive luggage..” – well no one’s gonna turn you in if you bring your wife with you J

From: owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Ron Schreck

Smokey

Have a great weekend.

Bill

And, my favorite-

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB4B8D.F1A90910[/img]
[img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01CB4B8D.F1A90910[/img]

image001.jpg
 Description:

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
 Description:

image002.jpg

bill(at)repucci.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: DHS/ICE flyer distributed @ KHKY Reply with quote

I had no idea there was a drug bust in Shelby. Too busy working to get my plane with the dirty belly back flying again.

Here’s the link:
http://www.thecalifornian.com/article/20100827/NEWS09/100827019/Carmel-resident-United-Airlines-pilot-charged-with-trafficking-pot-to-N-C-airport

Bill

From: owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rvsoutheast-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Radomir Zaric
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2010 4:49 PM

Ron,

Smokey

Have a great weekend.

Bill

And, my favorite-

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01CB4BA7.891B7210[/img]
[img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01CB4BA7.891B7210[/img]

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  3097 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
 Description:
 Viewed:  3097 Time(s)

image002.jpg

bill(at)repucci.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: DHS/ICE flyer distributed @ KHKY Reply with quote

Al asked me to pass along his thoughts regarding law enforcement and GA. I
have to agree with him. While being a cop isn't an easy job, most police
officers have no experience with light planes and could easily injure
themselves, someone else, or damage your plane.

Heck, look what happened to the Kings this past week. One misstep and they
could have been seriously injured.

Bill

--

sportav8r(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: DHS/ICE flyer distributed @ KHKY Reply with quote

Agree, the Kings could have been deaded had someone panicked.  

I'm calling special agent Jack Boot right now to report myself for suspicious activity.
-Stormy

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Bill Repucci <bill(at)repucci.com (bill(at)repucci.com)> wrote:
[quote] --> RVSouthEast-List message posted by: "Bill Repucci" <bill(at)repucci.com (bill(at)repucci.com)>

Al asked me to pass along his thoughts regarding law enforcement and GA.  I
have to agree with him.  While being a cop isn't an easy job, most police
officers have no experience with light planes and could easily injure
themselves, someone else, or damage your plane.

Heck, look what happened to the Kings this past week.  One misstep and they
could have been seriously injured.

Bill

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RVSouthEast-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: