Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CJ6 remote oil filter kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: CJ6 remote oil filter kits Reply with quote

Good morning

I'm thinking of fitting a remote oil filter to my my CJ-6a. Can anyone share details or recommend a kit they've fitted/used and experiences?

I was thinking maybe we could adapt a Mocal automotive system? (Not sure the filters are upto the pressures the Housai generates when starting from cold.)

The CJ dosent have a chip detector in stock configuration does it?

Best regards

Harv

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
keithmckinley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ6 remote oil filter kits Reply with quote

I'm VERY happy with my ADC kit. It's the spin on version and I have installed the chip detector. I like the large by-pass on the system since I live in the Northeast and have a lot of cold oil in the winter. The chip detector takes 3 seconds to remove should you need to check it.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

barryhancock

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ6 remote oil filter kits Reply with quote

We exclusively use the ADC filter system. It is the best performing filter on the market. We have also made several "kits" for customers including everything needed for installation. I am in the process of taking my spin on filter system in favor of the ADC. It's a bit more expensive than a spin on kit, but much better technology and more convenient.

Happy Flying,

Barry

gill.g(at)gpimail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: CJ6 remote oil filter kits Reply with quote

Barry,

PurePower made a similar STC's spin filter with 100% flow through.
Cleanable element with magnets to remove iron particles. It has same micron
filtering as paper filters. Unit is pricey at $250 but screws on in place
of paper spin-on. I have used this unit for over a year.

Gill

--

barryhancock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: CJ6 remote oil filter kits Reply with quote

Gill,

That sounds like a good replacement for a paper filter. Does it have the "smart" technology of the ADC i.e. filter dirty light, chip light (option)? Particularly for the Housai which doesn't have a chip light on the motor like the M14P does, this is a very nice feature.

Barry

gill.g(at)gpimail.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: CJ6 remote oil filter kits Reply with quote

Barry,

PurePower does not have a filter dirty indicator or a chip sensor. It is a
spin on filter replacement with built in magnets to remove ferric particles
which may get past the engine oil pump filter screens. This allows you to
see if you are making metal in your engine via excessive wear. The unit is
completely washable and reusable and has better flow characteristic than
spin on paper filters which by-pass significant oil flow as they begin to
load up. The M14P chip sensor is located ahead of the engine oil pump
filter screen and filter except for the pump screen are all located after
the pump. So, larger engine generated chips are trapped ahead of the oil
pump and shouldn't reach the filter.

I don't sell the PurePower filter, but it is a real nice unit and pricey.

Gill

--

barryhancock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ6 remote oil filter kits Reply with quote

Thanks, Gill. Sounds like a nice alternative....especially if you already have a spin on installation.

OH, and I've yet to see a really good product for an engine related accessory that isn't pricey. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: