Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CJ-6 vs Yak 52 seatbelt attach points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jayatnowra(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: CJ-6 vs Yak 52 seatbelt attach points Reply with quote

Can someone out there please tell me if the Yak-52 seatbelts and attach points are the same or similar to the CJ-6 ones. I ask as I am being forced to look at mod action here in NZ after we had some CJ belts out of a factory overhauledmachine tested. The worst one failed at 65lbs load!! Shows that even though they may look good there is no guarantee of condition!
If I can get the Yak and CJ on the same 337 here it will be much more cost effective.

Best regards, Jay

P.S. see you at Classic Fighters 2007!
www.classicfighters.co.nz

Find the coolest online games at XtraMSN Games

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
flushjohnson(at)charter.n

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: CJ-6 vs Yak 52 seatbelt attach points Reply with quote

You dont have to worry about a 337 on the Yaks or CJ6 because of the Exp. cert. Don't open up a can of worms with the FSDO. Go buy new seat belts from Aircraft Spruce.
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Scooter

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ-6 vs Yak 52 seatbelt attach points Reply with quote

In the past I've found race car harnesses to be cheaper and stronger than aviation harnesses but it sounds like you guys in NZ might need govt. approved stuff for your Yak/CJs. Also I've thought about replacing my russian harnesses but it seems that most race harnesses are 3" and the russian straps are 2" (if my memory is correct). This would necessitate changing out the strap hardware also.

jayatnowra(at)hotmail.com wrote:
Can someone out there please tell me if the Yak-52 seatbelts and attach points are the same or similar to the CJ-6 ones. I ask as I am being forced to look at mod action here in NZ after we had some CJ belts out of a factory overhauledmachine tested. The worst one failed at 65lbs load!! Shows that even though they may look good there is no guarantee of condition!
If I can get the Yak and CJ on the same 337 here it will be much more cost effective.

Best regards, Jay
?
P.S. see you at Classic Fighters 2007!
www.classicfighters.co.nz
?
Find the coolest online games at XtraMSN Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: