Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fwd: winter skis !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mccarthy(at)jefnet.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Fwd: winter skis ! Reply with quote

[quote]
Well guys,
the shooting gallery is open ! What do you think of the new skis ? The Right
ski will go much better now that I know what I have the left one done....Can't
wait for snow ! These are made for going on snowmobile packed snow on Houghton
Lake,,,no glacier hopping...lol

chris ambrose
M3X/Jabiru A- 2200 168.7 hrs
N327CS
Chris,
I did the same thing with my Firestar about 5 years ago, but only flew it a couple of times before removal.
The first thing I found out was the plane felt a like flying tank in the air, scary to bank at any angle, so be prepared. I also found out the importance of putting some runners on the bottom of the ski's to keep the plane going the way you want it and not being blown sideways in any light crosswind. My only suggestion would be to install maybe (3) boogie wheels on top of the ski's that go thru the ski, so that pavement landing or taxi is possible. I ended up making wheeled carts like whats found at HF, just to push it from the hanger to the snow.
My conclusion was to just land on the beat down snowmobile trails with my wheels, hoping for no engine outs over the large farmland areas we have here.
If anyone wants to try my ski's, they are available. Pick up in For Atkinson, WI.

Tom McCarthy
N514 TM Zenith 601HD
N414 TM Kolb Firestar
N863 GB Kolb Slingshot

[b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: