Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prop for model II

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dwight purdy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Prop for model II Reply with quote

Need some quick advice on prop selection. I have been flying a clipped wing model II for several years but probably never with the best prop. When first bought it had a gsc 68 in. tapered tip three blade. Worked great with the 532. I went to 503 after the 532 bit it. The 503 came with a 60 in ivo three blade. I ran it as a two blade with about the max. pitch for many years. For the last year I changed to a 3 to 1 c-box and went back to the gsc blades and a new two blade hub. This was good but I ruined the two blades yesterday and doubt if I can buy one blade exactly like the one left as it is so old and have never seen one as tapered. My dilemma is how to get the 3 to 1 ratio to perform as the 2.58 with out bussing the motor. The 503 detuned exhaust is not much power for more than two blades unless you want a slow cruise.
Is any one running a similar set up? Any suggestions?

Dwight Purdy
Model II
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

thesupe(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Prop for model II Reply with quote

I was just on Barnstormers and saw a two blade Powerfin 70" LH for $400.  If 70" is to much prop, you could cut it down.  Take care,  Jim Chuk

To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Kitfox-List: Prop for model II
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 18:57:42 -0400

Need some quick advice on prop selection. I have been flying a clipped wing model II for several years but probably never with the best prop. When first bought it had a gsc 68 in. tapered tip three blade. Worked great with the 532. I went to  503 after the 532 bit it. The 503 came with a 60 in ivo three blade. I ran it as a two blade with about the max. pitch for many years. For the last year I changed to a 3 to 1 c-box and went back to the gsc blades and a new two blade hub. This was good but I ruined the two blades yesterday and doubt if I can buy one blade exactly like the one left as it is so old and have never seen one as tapered. My dilemma is how to get the 3 to 1 ratio to perform as the 2.58 with out bussing the motor. The 503 detuned exhaust is not much power for more than two blades unless you want a slow cruise.

Dwight Purdy
Model II
[quote]

target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
ttp://forums.matronics.com
=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

brubakermal(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Prop for model II Reply with quote

i also fly a mod 2 but w/ standard wing you should give gsc a call they are very easy to talk to mal

Malcolm Brubaker
Michigan Sport
Pilot Repair
LSRM-A, PPC, WS
(989)513-3022
To: kitfox <kitfox-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Sat, March 26, 2011 6:57:42 PM
Subject: Prop for model II

Need some quick advice on prop selection. I have been flying a clipped wing model II for several years but probably never with the best prop. When first bought it had a gsc 68 in. tapered tip three blade. Worked great with the 532. I went to 503 after the 532 bit it. The 503 came with a 60 in ivo three blade. I ran it as a two blade with about the max. pitch for many years. For the last year I changed to a 3 to 1 c-box and went back to the gsc blades and a new two blade hub. This was good but I ruined the two blades yesterday and doubt if I can buy one blade exactly like the one left as it is so old and have never seen one as tapered. My dilemma is how to get the 3 to 1 ratio to perform as the 2.58 with out bussing the motor. The 503 detuned exhaust is not much power for more than two blades unless you want a slow cruise.

Dwight Purdy
Model II
Quote:

[quote][b]

Tom Jones

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Prop for model II Reply with quote

Dwight, I have had good performance with a 72" warp 2 blade on my Classic 4, 503, 3:1 gear box. It cruises 85 MPH at 5800, climbs 800 ft/min solo and 400 with a me and a fat boy on board.

Ellensburg, WA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: