Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANR Option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingCJ6(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: ANR Option Reply with quote

Based on Sam's reco, I also just had the CEP unit installed and it works exceedingly well. I have a HGU-55 helmet with the Headsets Inc. ANR. In our CJ with a King comm, using the helmet with the ANR power off, I need the volume at about the 80% level for good comm. With the ANR power on, it's at 50%. Adding the CEP unit, I'm now a 25% volume level.  It's actually hard to hear the engine!

If you ship your headset or helmet to CEP, they will waive the installation charge.

Dave King

From: cd001633(at)mindspring.com (cd001633(at)mindspring.com)
Reply-to: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Sent: 7/13/2009 9:45:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Re: Re: ANR conversion

--> Yak-List message posted by: Sam Sax <cd001633(at)mindspring.com (cd001633(at)mindspring.com)>
I have used this ANR kit in the past (retrofitted it into my helmet) and it worked well. In the past couple of years however, I have switched to C.E.P (Communication Ear Protection) that in my experience is superior to ANR. The C.E.P is primarily used in very high noise environment such as Helicopters and includes a set of mini-transducers that are connected (in parallel) to the standard helmet earphone via a short pigtail. The transducer is embedded in a standard ear noise-protection foam plug with a tiny canal that bring the audio straight to you eardrum while blocking the damaging noise. Much simpler to hook up than ANR, no need for a power source and healthier to the ear than any ANR not to mention the bottom line of very loud, clear and noise free audio (cheaper too).
I think it's worth looking into - the manufacturer web site: www.cep-usa.com

FWIW

Sam Sax
Miami

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: