Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corvair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve.freeman(at)syntaxds

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Corvair Reply with quote

Can any listers who are using the Aeromax Aviation Corviar engine pipe in with your opinion on the 100IFB engine, the company, your thoughts/impressions and how you feel flying behind it?

I will be flying out of DVT in Phx, AZ and in the summer we can get some pretty high density altitudes when flying to some of the airports in the mountains. I have read some good things in the past about this engine but I am concerned about the power. I had been leaning towards the Jabiru 3300 but the more I have read about this engine and how the Corvair was originally designed as an aircraft engine the more intrigued I have become. I am also impressed with the way the description (at least in theory as I ahev not seen it in real life) of the Integral Front bear they have developed to:

“In response to the need for a strong support bearing on the front of the crankshaft, Aeromax Aviation had designed and developed the Aeromax (patent pending) "Integral Front Bearing" or "IFB". "Integral" because the new prop hub (4140 steel) is now integrated with and mounted onto the original crankshaft. The new crank has a fifth front bearing surface up front. It is then ground/nitrided as one piece crank. This makes for a very strong, straight and true crankshaft and prop flange. Our IFB design eliminates many parts (such as bolts, nuts, safety shafts, aluminum prop hubs, flanges and more) and is actually lighter. The IFB Housing is a special purpose CNC'd unit that is assembled in our shop using a special alignment tool. The thrust, bending and gyroscopical loads from the prop are now being properly countered and protect the crank
The Aromax front bearing is masive. It is double the width of a standard corvair bearing. It is comprable to the bearing surface area of a Continental O-200 enigne”

Any thoughts and opinions are highly appreciated.

Steve (moving along on my 650B) Freeman
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: