Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A Dad's Life......

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n223rv(at)wolflakeairport

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Even my RV-10 has car seats......

Gotta love it!!

Sent from my iPhone

<pre><b><font size=2 color="#000000" face="courier new,courier">

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

image.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  145.29 KB
 Viewed:  6248 Time(s)

image.jpeg

ricksked(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

How cool!!

Rick

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 3, 2011, at 6:17 PM, Michael Kraus <n223rv(at)wolflakeairport.net> wrote:

Quote:
Even my RV-10 has car seats......

<image.jpeg>

Gotta love it!!

Sent from my iPhone

<pre><b><font size=2 color="#000000" face="courier new,courier">

</b></font></pre>

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dave.saylor.aircrafters(a

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

We grew to love the pax mute button. Wish I had one that worked in the house sometimes.
On Aug 3, 2011, at 19:44, Robin Marks <robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)> wrote:

[quote]
I'm not saying having young kids makes you crazy but Michael are you flying in a new category?
That is even sweeter than flying dog photos…
Robin
Do Not archive

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

--

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Amen to that! Andrea and I wish all cars required headsets with the same intercom features!
Tim

On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:06 AM, Dave Saylor <dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com (dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[quote]We grew to love the pax mute button. Wish I had one that worked in the house sometimes.
On Aug 3, 2011, at 19:44, Robin Marks <[url=mailto:robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com]robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)[/url]> wrote:

[quote]
I'm not saying having young kids makes you crazy but Michael are you flying in a new category?
Robin
Do Not archive

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

--

jeff(at)westcottpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

My plan is for two place oxygen. If the kids get noisy, I'll just climb.

On Aug 4, 2011, at 4:52 AM, Tim Olson wrote:
[quote]Amen to that! Andrea and I wish all cars required headsets with the same intercom features!
Tim

On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:06 AM, Dave Saylor <dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com (dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

[quote]We grew to love the pax mute button. Wish I had one that worked in the house sometimes.
On Aug 3, 2011, at 19:44, Robin Marks < (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)> wrote:

[quote]
Robin
Do Not archive

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

--

scottmschmidt(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Very nice. Lucky kids, they don't know how good they have it.
I am right behind you on that.
-Scott

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2011, at 5:52 AM, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com (Tim(at)myrv10.com)> wrote:

[quote]Amen to that! Andrea and I wish all cars required headsets with the same intercom features!
Tim

On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:06 AM, Dave Saylor <[url=mailto:dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com]dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com (dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com)[/url]> wrote:

On Aug 3, 2011, at 19:44, Robin Marks < (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)[url=mailto:robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com]robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)[/url]> wrote:

[quote]
Robin
Do Not archive

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

--

dave.saylor.aircrafters(a

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:51 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Trouble is you have to land sometime. My (pilot) wife said in 25
years of flying, our kids were the only people she ever had to
"shoosh" in the flare.

Do not archive

Dave Saylor
AirCrafters
140 Aviation Way
Watsonville, CA 95076
831-722-9141 Shop
831-750-0284 Cell

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:32 AM, Jeff Carpenter <jeff(at)westcottpress.com> wrote:
[quote] My plan is for two place oxygen. If the kids get noisy, I'll just climb.

Amen to that!  Andrea and I wish all cars required headsets with the same
intercom features!
Tim

On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:06 AM, Dave Saylor <dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com>
wrote:

We grew to love the pax mute button. Wish I had one that worked in the house
sometimes.

On Aug 3, 2011, at 19:44, Robin Marks <robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com> wrote:

I'm not saying having young kids makes you crazy but Michael are you flying
in a new category?

Robin

Do Not archive

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

--

n223rv(at)wolflakeairport

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Keep in mind, the ISO button shuts up the wife too Smile. Not to say there is ever a need for that..... I'm just saying.....

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2011, at 1:06 AM, Dave Saylor <dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Quote:
We grew to love the pax mute button. Wish I had one that worked in the house sometimes.

scottmschmidt(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Or a DVD system.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2011, at 10:32 AM, Jeff Carpenter <jeff(at)westcottpress.com (jeff(at)westcottpress.com)> wrote:

[quote]My plan is for two place oxygen. If the kids get noisy, I'll just climb.

Tim

On Aug 4, 2011, at 12:06 AM, Dave Saylor <[url=mailto:dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com]dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com (dave.saylor.aircrafters(at)gmail.com)[/url]> wrote:

On Aug 3, 2011, at 19:44, Robin Marks < (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)[url=mailto:robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com]robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)[/url]> wrote:

[quote]
Robin
Do Not archive

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

--

jcumins(at)jcis.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:14 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

HEHE awesome. I used a car seat many time in my old cardinal. Put the son
to sleep many times. But now in less than 2 weeks the ultimate intercom
isolate button will happen. I take him to San Francisco State for his first
year of collage. YES

The house will be quiet

The pantry will have food left in it.

The house will remain clean.

There will not be cloths tossed all over the place.

Life will be good, and I can get back to working on the RV10 wings again.

And the best part of it all the wife and I get some peace and
quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

Tim Olson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

DVD's?? What are those? Smile
I thought the world was going to iPads...
Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD
do not archive
On 8/4/2011 12:01 PM, Scott Schmidt wrote:
Quote:
Or a DVD system.

Sent from my iPhone

jcumins(at)jcis.net

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Sorry Tim, but the IPADS are not the only device out there. LOL. I am running Voyager with Glass View on my HP Slate and it is awesome and has all the corporate apps and VPN capability that I must have that the IPAD Cannot do without running a Virtual windows environment. I cannot wait until Seattle Avionics comes out with their Andriod based Voyager. I sure hope they do.

OH ya I see Android out growing IPhones and Ipads in the industry.

Just call me an old PC head, but that’s ok. Every systems have their place in the market and I am sure very soon it will be all cross platform anyway.

Just have to say it. HEHEHE

Have a Great day.
--

larkrv10(at)yahoo.ca

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Funny you should mention that. Years ago I was flying a CEO of a large tire manufacturing co from Southern Ont to Ohio regularly. His underlings used to party it up in the back of the Navajo on the way home. After about 30 minutes of partying, the CEO used to stick his head into the cockpit and ask us to climb to a higher altitude. We'd pull the curtain shut, use the O2 and everyone  would get quiet quite quickly. The CEO then had a nice little nap and peace and quiet.
I still chuckle about it.

Rick
Southampton, Ont

--- On Thu, 8/4/11, Jeff Carpenter <jeff(at)westcottpress.com> wrote:

[quote]
Subject: Re: A Dad's Life......
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Received: Thursday, August 4, 2011, 4:32 PM

My plan is for two place oxygen. If the kids get noisy, I'll just climb.

[quote] Amen to that! Andrea and I wish all cars required headsets with the same intercom features!
Tim

[quote] We grew to love the pax mute button. Wish I had one that worked in the house sometimes.

On Aug 3, 2011, at 19:44, Robin Marks < (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com (robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com)> wrote:

[quote]

Robin

Do Not archive

<image001.jpg>

<image002.jpg>

--

Strasnuts

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

See how relaxing it is WITHOUT kids!

cockpit.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  99.81 KB
 Viewed:  6181 Time(s)

cockpit.jpg

SuperSTOL 60 hours
Tim Olson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

Pure Bliss at times!!!

Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD
do not archive
On 8/4/2011 3:35 PM, Strasnuts wrote:
Quote:

See how relaxing it is WITHOUT kids!
http://forums.matronics.com//files/cockpit_277.jpg
--------
RV-10 SB N801VR Flying

jesse(at)saintaviation.co

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

But such a blessing with them!

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
jesse(at)itecusa.org
www.itecusa.org
www.mavericklsa.com
C: 352-427-0285
O: 352-465-4545
F: 815-377-3694

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 4, 2011, at 4:09 PM, Tim Olson <Tim(at)myrv10.com> wrote:

Quote:

Pure Bliss at times!!!

Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD
do not archive

On 8/4/2011 3:35 PM, Strasnuts wrote:
>
>
> See how relaxing it is WITHOUT kids!
> http://forums.matronics.com//files/cockpit_277.jpg
> --------
> 40936
> RV-10 SB N801VR Flying
>

Mauledriver(at)nc.rr.com

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: A Dad's Life...... Reply with quote

I'm chuckling with you. 

I have a friend who had a Navajo and a couple of small kids (4 & 6).  On Angel flights, they'd come along but he didn't have to climb to O2 levels to knock 'em out. 

The first time out with him I asked him "do they ever settle down?"  Watch this.... going thru 8k they sat down and conked out.  Which of course meant they were full of energy as we arrived... and they were fun then!

Bill
40605 ==> N215TG

On 8/4/2011 4:30 PM, Rick Lark wrote: [quote] Funny you should mention that. Years ago I was flying a CEO of a large tire manufacturing co from Southern Ont to Ohio regularly.  His underlings used to party it up in the back of the Navajo on the way home.  After about 30 minutes of partying, the CEO used to stick his head into the cockpit and ask us to climb to a higher altitude.  We'd pull the curtain shut, use the O2 and everyone  would get quiet quite quickly.  The CEO then had a nice little nap and peace and quiet.
I still chuckle about it.

Rick
Southampton, Ont

[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: