Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

F23 Fuel Filler Tube Cover Trimming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyrenshaw268(at)gmail.c

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:27 am    Post subject: F23 Fuel Filler Tube Cover Trimming Reply with quote

Gidday,
If you enjoy diatribe, read on. If not, well go to paragraph two.
Well I am working out the issues of fitting the fuel filler tube and cover before I jump in. THAT is very uncharacteristic! Immediately I have found out that my splash moulding to locate the centre of the hole to be cut in the top of the fuselage is the diameter to suit my rather plain original fuel filler cap surround. I have a new one, bought years and years ago on the advice of some highly respected builder, BUT, it is about 4-6 mm larger in diameter so my splash doesn't work. So, spent all day with car bog, sandpaper, timber etc making up a splash of the splash, with a new slightly larger rebate for my fancy cap surround. Once this has gone off I can then lay up a new splash on the inside of this splash, to end up back where I begun, all for 4-6 mm. Grrh.

Anyway, what I'd like to know is, surely I have to cut down the length of the F23, the part that mates with the back of the tank? If I have to believe either the length of this cover or the splash moulding that locates the centre of the cap, well I am going to go with the splash. I don't understand why it ever needed to be vaguely as long as it is, the horizontal portion when held in position, the part that mates with the back of the seat. It appears to even vaguely hold things in position I have to take 4-6" off the front of it, and I don't get why it would be that long.
Before I attack this cover with a saw, I thought I'd better ask around and see what is what. I seem to be missing something, so if anyone can offer a solution or two I'd appreciate it. By the way, I have Tim Wards aluminium fuel elbow to minimise fuel smells, which is really an aluminium replica of the black rubber? one supplied by Europa, the one that supposedly produces fuel smells. I unfortunately have to cut that too. For me, there is a bit too much to cut here! (I'm not good at cutting)
Reg
Tony Renshaw
Sydney Aussie.

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: